Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Avoid the Hype, and Get it Right...

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Richard Newton, in the August issue of Cars & Parts Corvette magazine, has some excellent advice to offer in regards the care and detailing of your Corvette.
Soap: This one is really easy. Go down to your local discount auto parts store and buy any car soap in the largest container they have. Look for the one with the cheapest price.
Detailing Clay: I've tried a half-dozen different clays over the past several years and found that Clay Magic is still the best. The only thing that has come close is Take Off Clay, which I get from a professional detail shop. Detailing clay is actually a plasticine matrix with an abrasive mixed throughout. It was designed to abrade (read: remove) overspray.
Wax: This is where I've broken from the old standby.
Wheels: The best wheel cleaner is the least agressive product you can locate.

I won't give away what he means by "Breaking away from the old standby." You'll have to discover that for yourself. ;)

He goes on to discuss interior areas, carpet and leather, as well as the tires.

I'm not going to plagerize the entire article here, and their web site doesn't have this information online as of yet, so you'll have to buy the magazine to see the full article. Sorry. ;)

Oh, I almost forgot. He mentions the fact that Zymöl is the only company that tells you how much carnauba you're actually getting in a product. He states that their Atlantique Glaze contains sixty-percent Brazillian #1 white carnauba.

He wouldn't get into the fact that an eight-ounce bottle of Atlantique costs more than $800, which is cheap when compared to the Zymöl Vintage, which costs more than$1600. But that's for a twenty-ounce container. :L

Zymol.... Shymol

It's still wax
It still gets soft in the sun
Dirt still sticks to it
It still yellows and changes the colour of your paint
It still takes two strong arms to apply and/or a whole lot of beer
It still leaves a white residue when removing the haze

When will they learn????

Glenn, he speaks highly of Zaino as well. I only used that reference to Zymöl because of the cost factor. Do yourself a favor and read the article before you start slamming him. ;)

_ken :w

Zymol is also the one that 'feeds' the paint oils to keep it flexible, a very important factor on a flexible car such as a corvette... it stops the paint from getting dry and cracking.... I am sure there are Vette owners out there that are having troubles with their front and rear bumper paint cracking.... Also, based upon your comment you haven't used Zymol before. Don't tear apart something you haven't used

When I win the Lotto, that's the first thing I'm gonna try out. Then I'm gonna use a British accent in reply when someone say's my paint sure looooks shiny. :gap

cool, American car, British Accent, German car care products, glad to see you are adopting the global business strategy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom