Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Awesome Callaway for sale

I could warm up to that car. :)

That is one of only 7 known cars in almost showroom condition. It would be steal for a buyer under 30k.

The Registry car shown below was also one of the seven and was fully showroom in all respects.

Stan A

Stan A said:
That is one of only 7 known cars in almost showroom condition. It would be steal for a buyer under 30k.

The Registry car shown below was also one of the seven and was fully showroom in all respects.

Stan A
Stan, what do you mean, "one of 7 in showroom conditon know to exist"??? Are you saying that the other 493 are trashed or well worn?
Do you have records of how many really exist still?
Thanks! *89x2*

I think he means that is is one of seven AND it is in showroon condition.

Showroom Qualiuty 1988 only!!!

Hi,

I meant one of seven know 1988 models in showroom conditions. Sorry, I forgot to mention the 1988.

My mistake

Stan

Callaway TT Left?

Our best estimate of what is still on the road based on insurance reports and cars sent out of the country is around 375+ units based on twin turbos alone. This was through 1999 when I was able to track car info from the National transpotation Division as well. Had a close friend who worked there in the D.C main office.

These cars are really rare than it seems. When we get the registry going and we can reach out to most of what is left regarding Callaway TT owners, we will be able to control pricing. The key will be to get everyone to sign up and work together we must.

Stan

Stan, how do you mean "Insurance Reports" with regard to Callaway ownership?? You got the inside track to the insurance companies?

I sure could use some help!

Insurance Info

Up until a 1999. I was on the National Association of Insurance Underwriters mailing list. I was able to get accident reports on Corvettes from all 50 states.

Each month I would request reports and spent hours going thru each to find any Callaway cars that maybe involved. I did find one thing out. Many times they would not have the car listed as a Callaway but under B2k option list in the discription of the car.

Either the car was fixed or totalled out. No dollar amounts were shown. Exported cars were easy to access. The Dept. of Transportation supplied a list by manufacturers VIN to which I could matchup with Callaway.

Hope this helps,

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom