Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Axle Whitehead treated in hospital after scalding accident

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Axle Whitehead treated in hospital after scalding accident

January 12, 2010 1:27AM

AXLE Whitehead was rushed to hospital after suffering serious burns while mucking around with his beloved Corvette motor car.

The Home and Away pin-up, who also hosts World's Strictest Parents for Channel 7, was injured on Friday after his 1977 Corvette Stingray overheated while he was working on it in Melbourne.

According to sources, Whitehead opened the engine's radiator cap and was caught in a spray of scalding water.

Full Story: Axle Whitehead treated in hospital after scalding accident | News.com.au

While he was not admitted, the musician and actor has been attending the hospital daily to have his scalds dressed.
Not quite a car guy.. Hope it wasnt too bad.

Axle said:
"I was looking at a Mustang probably about two or three years ago," he said.

"But I thought if I'm going to get a muscle car I should do it properly and get the king of muscle cars. They are, in my mind, one of the sexiest looking cars
Cant say i disagree with him. :thumb

Get well soon Matey..
-Stefan

Sorry guys but picking at somebody's name that is just very easy!

But lets hope he will stay with acting, singing and doesn't open his own car repair shop. :)

Groeten Peter

Removing the cap WHILE it's running and hot is way better than shutting it off and removing the cap.
Note did say it had overheated- only option then is to cool it down with a hose or shut it off and walk away.

Too bad. Steam or scald burns really hurt. I hope he's ok.

...Cleo is a Womans Mag in Aussie Land.. And he was named "Bachelor of the Year 2009".. ;)...

Aha! Thank you for the information. My condolences to the laides in Australia. It appears the Bachelor of the Year will be winging it for a while.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom