Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aztec Gold, Anyone...?

timfitz63

Corvette
'98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
Just stumbled upon this.

A pretty vast personal collection of Chevrolets ("The Bob McDorman Collection") is going under the gavel this weekend in Ohio. There are numerous Corvettes in this collection, and among them are these two C5's:

Lot S120 = 1998 Aztec Gold Corvette Coupe (VIN 1G1YY22G4W5110992 = Sequence #15 of 15; 8,673 miles)
Lot S121 = 1998 Aztec Gold Corvette Convertible (VIN 1G1YY32G5W5110991 Sequence #14 of 15; 5,751 miles; still under MSO, according to Mecum, which I take to mean "Manufacturer's Statement of Origin" = "never titled")

I've seriously considered submitting bids myself, but after looking over Mecum's conditions for online/phone bidding, I guess I don't want either of the cars badly enough to jump through all of their hoops (certainly not at the last minute), in particular, the 12% buyer's premium; and their insistence that you submit to them a deposit equal to 20% of your expected maximum bid (probably per vehicle, if you plan to bid on both), which they will cheerfully refund to you -- up to 30 days later -- if you fail to secure any winning bids... :Buttslap As chance would have it, I'm in Kentucky this coming weekend, but doubt I'll have a chance to shoot up to Columbus to attend in person. And I'm currently short on garage space... :cry

So, for the rest of you Corvette fans/collectors out there, here's a rare chance on not only one, but two rare C5's. If one of you ends up as the successful bidder, I'll offer my congratulations to you now, and only ask (in return for the services of my tip) that you give me first chance to purchase the vehicle from you should you ever decide to sell it! :D

Those are rare cars and should bring good money.

The McDorman Collection will fetch good money... especially the rarer beasties... :)

-Mac

Weren't both those sold at Barrett Jackson a few years ago? I could have sworn I've seen them for sale before

Coupe went for $26,000 vert went for $29,000. Great buys I would say.

Coupe went for $26,000 vert went for $29,000. Great buys I would say.

Yeah, I agree. I was kind-of expecting them to go for a bit more (perhaps mid-30's)...

Dang! Wish I could have attended... 'Course then, I would have just spent money that I shouldn't have, on a car I probably wouldn't drive, and for which I definitely have nowhere to store at the moment...

Guess it just wasn't meant to be...

It would be interesting to know what it really sells for.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom