Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B&B Tri Flow

warp8

Has anyone used this exhaust on their LT4. If so, I would be interested in reports on interior noise and resonance at cruise. I want the rumble at idle and the wail at WOT but want to be able to hear the stereo at cruise.

Yea, I know. I want the best of both worlds.

The only real negatives I've heard about the B&B systems is the resonance. Kinda notorious for it. Other than that, nice system w/ great sound. I did read somewhere that the newer designed B&B systems for C4's have been modified to reduce resonance...the old 3" systems were supposedly kinda tough to live with.

I, for one, love a healthy sounding exhaust (I'm running LT headers w/ no cats and Maganaflow mufflers - sounds mean) but interior resonance is something else entirely. Auto trans cars can even be worse. I'm lucky w/ my system as resonance is minimal at best but if I were in your shoes and looking at a B&B system, I'd prefer to hear one 1st in a C4 before buying.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I tend to agree. I just want a little louder than stock under WOT but I don't want to hear it much at cruise. I think I will talk to the folks that make them.

Which Magnaflows are you using. How is the resonance at cruise?

Thanks Jeff. I tend to agree. I just want a little louder than stock under WOT but I don't want to hear it much at cruise. I think I will talk to the folks that make them.

Which Magnaflows are you using. How is the resonance at cruise?

No prob...:beer

Magnaflow only offers 1 system for the LT1/4 - #15623

Here's an old sound clip of my car (pre-modded) w/ just the addition of the Magnaflows. Definitely gave the car a nice deep rumble and resonance was minimal.

Corsa Power Pulse

Anyone have experience with this system? Does it truly eliminate resonance as it claims?

I can second JEFNLSA's recommendation of the magnaflows. I have em on my 96 LT4 and they sound terrific.
:beer

Corsa

Anyone have experience with this system? Does it truly eliminate resonance as it claims?

I have the Corsa system on my 96 CE LT4 and love it.
It sounds a bit throatier than stock at idle and normal driving. WOT is entirely different and is very fun to listen to.
While I have never ridden in anyone else's vette with other exhaust systems and I cannot realy say I have ever heard a set up with resonance, at cruising speed (75 mph - 1500 rpm) I can only barely hear the exhaust. I don't think there is any resonance.

I love it. It was installed about 40K miles ago after I rebuilt the LT4 as a 383 and it sounds as good now as I remember it sounding the first time I heard it. I went with the Corsas, because the vette was my daily driver at the time my engine was rebuilt and my commute is almost all freeway driving in fifth and sixth gear, where I understood resonance occurred.

I believe the Corsa system is a bit more expensive than the Magnaflows, but I have never heard a vette with them installed, so I cannot compare the two. The Corsa system is not as loud as some other vette exhausts that I have heard but it works for me.

Good luck on your search for your perfect system.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom