Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B Pillar squeak on convertible 2001 with top down

phoneman91

[TABLE="class: tborder, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"] I noticed service bulletin:

"#01-08-67-003
Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly)

1998-2001 Chevrolet Corvette

Condition: Some customers may comment on a squeak coming from the rear of the convertible top.

Cause: This condition may be caused by interference between the fifth bow seal and the tonneau cover rub strip. (Refer to the illustration above).

Correction:
1. Remove the old seal.
2. Remove any two way tape from the body.
3. Clean the surface.
Install a new front top stow compartment lid protector assembly.
Parts Information: Part Number 10313384, Front Top Stow Compartment Lid Protector Assy. Parts are currently available at GMSPO. "

The above would seem to apply if the squeak occurred with the top up.

My squeak occurs with the top down and is in the driver's side b pillar.Occurs 100 percent of time with top down .
sm_surprised.gif

Any one have this experience? And what corrected this issue?

And a cat will not correct it--I have several.
biggrin.gif

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]
user_online.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, align: right"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I'm confused as to the location of your noise.

No Corvette convertible has a "B-pillar".

I'm confused as to the location of your noise.

No Corvette convertible has a "B-pillar".
Well where is the lock striker located then??:confused

A vert has "B Pillar",it's just shorter than a coupe. :beer

Do you hear the squeak down low and behind you?

Or do you hear the squeak about shoulder height from behind you.

Also, is it constantly squeaking or–only when the suspension sees a harsh impact or only when the suspension moves a lot but does so slowly, such as over a speed bump?

Do you hear the squeak down low and behind you?

Or do you hear the squeak about shoulder height from behind you.

Also, is it constantly squeaking or–only when the suspension sees a harsh impact or only when the suspension moves a lot but does so slowly, such as over a speed bump?

The squeak seems to be at shoulder level right at the left ear. Constant squeaking and doesn't seem to matter if the suspension is articulating or not.But the C5 has to be moving or the squeaking will stop. And the squeak doesn't occur when the top is up.

I've been thinking about my attempts to help solve this via forum and, with this problem, I'm just guessing...which really is not of much help. I think I'd have to road test the car before I could offer much more useful info.

Maybe "gmjunkie" has some ideas.

I've been thinking about my attempts to help solve this via forum and, with this problem, I'm just guessing...which really is not of much help. I think I'd have to road test the car before I could offer much more useful info.

Maybe "gmjunkie" has some ideas.
Kinda like you Hib,I'd need to drive it and then take a look around.:thumb

Body noises can be deceiving and resonate to sound like it's coming from a different location.:hb

In his case,I guess the best way to start would be check the bolts that hold the top henge to the B Pillar.;shrug

I Armoralled all of the weatherstripping/rubber in the general area and we will see if the squeak goes away. I appreciate everyones help! ;) This squeak has the general sound of a weatherstrip squeak.

I Armoralled all of the weatherstripping/rubber in the general area and we will see if the squeak goes away. I appreciate everyones help! ;) This squeak has the general sound of a weatherstrip squeak.

Posting that gives a little more info. Also, noises sometimes don't sound like they're coming from the actual source.

Any chance the noise is coming from the folding top assembly when it's "retracted"?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom