Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Baby got new shoes! With 11x17's :)

Idaho Slim

Corvette
1996 LT1- Blk/Blk. 1996 LT4 - White/Blk
After 3 years of searching, finally found a set of ZR1 11x17 sawblades and did not cost me an arm and leg ($599) :cool!: Mounted up new Nitto NT555's 315x35x17 rears, I like the look!!:thumb:thumb Some pictures attached, this is on our 96 LT1. The ride home was sooooooo nice, specially since the old Goodrich's were hammered. :w I forget how nice the ride is with good tires! Corvette New Tires & 11x17s4.jpgCorvette New Tires & 11x17s2.jpgCorvette New Tires & 11x17s3.jpgCorvette New Tires & 11x17s.jpg

Last edited:
I like um......looks good congrats. I have Invo's on my GS and love them.....I only wish they made a run flat.........

Those really don't stick out that far, do they? Looks good. I know you've been on the search for some time.

They look pretty good. I know you only had the Nitto's on for a little while but so far you like them??
I gotta get new tires for the 96 GS and those are the same size. Can I ask you how much they cost?
I was thinking of getting those.

tires/wheels

I have a '96 CE the original tires and wheels on it. I found on Ebay original wheels in mint condition of which 2 are NOS for $600 +$100. shipping.. I found the best price for tires is DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT so I bought 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 2-255/45ZR-17 for the front and 2-285/40ZR-17 for the rear. $966.00 out the door with free shipping and a $80. rebate visa card from Goodyear, so total out of pocket $886.00. You can't beat that deal. Eagle F1 is the proper replacement tire. I topflighted in Jan2013 NCRS with the originals on the car, but the tires are 17yrs old. So now the originals are for judging only and I can use the replacement for my NCRS PV test next Jan and drive the car. The wheels are GM not repos. Total out of pocket $1586.00. The wheels are worth more then that alone. Pmanobianco

pmanobianco,

Thanks for the info and PM. I have the orginal GSC's on the Grand Sport right now. The car only has 5800 miles on it,
5200 when I bought it 2 years ago. I had the car judged last year at a chapter meet and scored 99.1% topflight award. I want to drive the
car more but am a little leary of 17 year old tires. I have the 2 rear GS rims I bought from a buddy of mine who lost his 96 GS
in hurrican Sandy. So the only thing I need is the 2 front rims and some new tires. I plan on keeping the original GSC's and rims
for future judging at the regional and national level.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend to much for tires, the 2 rear rims cost me $500 for the pair so I am running out of "play money" as the wife
calls it. Discount Tires sounds like a place to start my search. Of course I still have to find the 2 front GS rims.

96gs, I have a good thing going with my dealer here where I live, I give them a lot of business at their tire shop. I got the 315x35x17 NT555's for $210 ea. which I thought a good deal. I like them but only have 30 miles on them, very grippy. :D They balanced up nicely, but I am coming off of ruined 275's, so even a fluffy pancake would have felt better! I believe my 11x17's are off of a 91-93 ZR1, and they have a different finish than my fronts, which is fine for now since my stock front originals are hammered and I am looking now for a matched pair tot he 11x17's. Can someone help me out here, the finish on my 11x17's are finished in Chrome, Silver or Machined. ????? They almost look painted, I thought I read somewhere that is also an option?

I called the guy I bought the rims from, H&H Corvette Inc in Florida. They are from a 91-92 ZR. Painted, and have been on the shelf for about 15 years. Sweeet !! :D:D Now I know what to specifically look for when shopping for new fronts. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom