Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Baby returns..

Hang in there Barry, it will be all worth it when you see that beautiful maroon coupe finished!

Barry,
I am basically a hot-head. Your patience has helped me, and will help me with Murphy in the future. I have learned from your ordeal.

Tomorrow is Canada's 138th Birthday. We call it Canada Day, your version of July 4th. I will try to get out but the weather forecast looks miserable. But if I do then the year of manufacture plates for my 1967 go on. The Police be damned. I'll take the ticket.

*Edit*-Our country was founded in 1867.

Still think mid-July is YOUR date.

stinson008.jpg

Well, I checked on Baby yesterday so you can all double check your prediction dates ;LOL
I didn't get to see her as my painter was down the road in the paint booth shooting another car he had to get out of the shop by this coming Tuesday but he said on my car all the wetsanding is finally finished and he started buffing it out. He said he got one rear quarter panel and along the side up thru the door buffed and finished and said it looks really good :)
He just needs to finish up buffing out the rest of the car, shoot the hood and wetsand & buff that out, than it's reassembly time.
I'm still refusing to add my own prediction on this thread as I've been so wrong so often whenever i've tried but at least things are slowly but surely moving closer to completion.

My guesstimate would be approximately ten days before the Carilsle show in August, for ALL the work to be completed, and to have all the bugs out. You know the one about the " best laid plans thingy ", well you can count on an extra week in the very least, for those alone.

By the way, when the car has been away for this long, regardless of it's where abouts, there are bugs that actually get in.

" For Once in My Life " I hope I'm wrong on this one

Good luck

Stepinwolf

Barry,

"I Say a Little Prayer for You" (Dionne Warwick)

OK, perhaps Carlisle as Stepinwolf has mentioned....

Took the Wife out today to do some gardening at her Mother's grave. The 1967 continues to run well even in 86F heat (gauge bang on 180F) and the paint shows no sign of bubbling or flaws. For which I'm thankful.

I'm another story re heat. These coupes should do get hot! So the car is now parked.

I'll give the paint another month and then do a Zaino job on it.

pinecrest014.jpg

paul79 said:
These coupes sure do get hot!

I roasted at approximately 100 degrees F for 820 miles to Bowling Green, KY. You can feel the heat from the sidemount tubes rolling in under the doors too.

Eventually, I got into a zone. I almost grew to like it.........almost. :crazy

Bob,
With underbody exhaust, the console chrome trim and gearshift knob are so hot they become very uncomfortable to touch.

67HEAVEN said:
I roasted at approximately 100 degrees F for 820 miles to Bowling Green, KY. You can feel the heat from the sidemount tubes rolling in under the doors too.

Eventually, I got into a zone. I almost grew to like it.........almost. :crazy

Why do you guys not have A/C?

My coupe would be impossible to drive in South Florida without a/c!
Our humidity alone will melt your fillings..

I have vintage a/c in mine and it works great!

Pedro

I'm with you Pedro.
When the budget allows, I'm definately adding A/C to my coupe. The heat build up in these things is outrageous. Driving for an hour and climbing out dripping wet with sweat takes much of the fun away. Makes me feel like I just finished running the marathon or something.

"If you're not suffering, you're not driving." ;LOL

- standard steering with fat tires
- manual transmission with an extra gear
- no air
- very rough riding aftermarket-suspension
- extreme noise level

How else would I get out for an occasional cruise without "the boss"? ;LOL

Bob
I love your car and what you have built is without question nothing short of spectacular but with all that work you put in i'll never understand why you didn't add A/C to it. Afraid of pulling too much power away from that motor? ;LOL

BarryK said:
I'm with you Pedro.
When the budget allows, I'm definately adding A/C to my coupe. The heat build up in these things is outrageous. Driving for an hour and climbing out dripping wet with sweat takes much of the fun away. Makes me feel like I just finished running the marathon or something.

Barry ,

On the upside, if we need to lose a little weight, our coupes can be a sauna on wheels!:L

Pedro

67HEAVEN said:
How else would I get out for an occasional cruise without "the boss"? ;LOL

So that's the strategy!!!:L

I knew there was an ulterior motive...

I don't remember it being that hot in the sixties, but everyone I knew had verts ;LOL air conditioning was for Cadillacs and Station Wagons

67AirCoupe said:
What's the 60's? ;shrug
"better Living thru Chemistry" ;LOLBut you know Bob if you had froze all that Moose Pee you brought to BG you could have kept the windows up and the cabin temp would have stayed at 40 degrees;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom