Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Baby's got new shoes!

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I got the new Michelin Pilot Sport Plus A/S ZP installed yesterday. So far I really like them. They are much quieter, smoother ride and they look awesome. Not cheap, but I'll live with that. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Don't know how many miles were on them....I put about 700 on them :D

Agreed!

Much quieter and more than sufficient traction for my needs. Might have liked the looks of the Goodyears slightly more, but not enough to overcome the benefits of these Michelins. (I also do not know the mileage received from the original Goodyears.) I have approx. 4K miles on the new "sneakers" now and remain more than satisfied.

DSCN4240_Crp_Sm.jpg

The thing that surprised me most about the Michelins is how they balanced out. The first tire (pass front) took 1/2 ounce on the inside, the second tire (pass rear) took no weight, The third (driver front) took 1/2 ounce on the inside and 1/2 ounce on the outside, and the fourth (driver rear) took 1/2 ounce on the outside and an ounce on the inside. Shoot, the last set of tires I had installed (on my pickup) 1 tire took nearly as much as all 4 of these. So far I really like them.

I have a 4 wheel alignment appointment scheduled for Thursday afternoon. I don't want to get these things wearing funny as they cost way too much.

Ah, great minds think alike ;) : car color, choice of tires... and the 4-wheel alignment was also done on mine at tire install time (bit more than a year ago). No undesirable wear pattern to date.

My Michelins did not balance out nearly as well as yours, but the wheels themselves may have contributed to that. I think 1.5 oz was worst case; still quite acceptable.

Enjoy the ride!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom