Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back in black...

cliff thanx for your thoughts , i thought the same thing about the stripe . i am thinking that keeping it pure white might look best. i do want to try to find some of the oz wheels if possible as to me they really make the car with an aero body . i would have bought the black car if i could have got it for 35-40 but 50 just a little to pricey for my taste.if anyone has a line on oz wheels please get ahold of me thanx guys /gals for your responces they helped a bunch .

Have you gotten the body yet?

Any decisions on color/stripes?

body to be shipped on monday . i have decided not to do the stripes . dont want to detract from the very clean lines of the areo body . mark my painter and i agree that we will concentrate on making the fit of the body perfect and to sand , sand and sand again till it so flat its scary . we will be sanding after every coat just to make sure its flat , that will give it that deep look like you can put your hand right in the paint . mark asked that i ask you alls opinion of lettering supernatural 475 on the little raised area of the hood it would only be 1/12in high . he thought we might do some ghost lettering . he does some amazing stuff that way . you look directly at it you can see it you move 15degrees one way or the other and it seems to vanish.lucky to have him help me with this project

body to be shipped on monday . i have decided not to do the stripes . dont want to detract from the very clean lines of the areo body . mark my painter and i agree that we will concentrate on making the fit of the body perfect and to sand , sand and sand again till it so flat its scary . we will be sanding after every coat just to make sure its flat , that will give it that deep look like you can put your hand right in the paint . mark asked that i ask you alls opinion of lettering supernatural 475 on the little raised area of the hood it would only be 1/12in high . he thought we might do some ghost lettering . he does some amazing stuff that way . you look directly at it you can see it you move 15degrees one way or the other and it seems to vanish.lucky to have him help me with this project

I am not a fan of lettering, etc. Keep it clean and simple.

Don't forget the before and after pictures

thanx for the input , clean is best, sometimes tough talking a creative person out of things . we will be staring a video a soon as everything arrives .

thanx for the input , clean is best, sometimes tough talking a creative person out of things . we will be staring a video a soon as everything arrives .

The OZ wheels can be found from time to time. More important is the AeroBody!!!

Looking forward to seeing the progress :cool

Are you keeping the car white? Or???? ;shrug

Also:
**RARE** Dymags For Sale 17x11 and 17x13 - FREE TIRES
NEW PRICE - $2,500 SHIPPED - wheels and tires, shipped insured anywhere in the CONUS

These came off a pristine C4 ZR1. They are Dymag Gen 2's (magnesium) and pretty darn rare.

Front 17x11's w/ 315/35ZR17's Michelin XGTZ
Rear 17x13's w/ 335/35ZR17's Michelin XGTZ

57 high res pics at Did I take your picture? If so... it's here! *** www.johntookmypicture.com ***- powered by SmugMug

A couple of pics...

These 2nd generation Dymags were $795/each for 9", $895/each for 11", and not sure how much ($1195/each?) for 13" when new and that was 15 years ago. Center caps and lugs were not included in those prices (but this set does include them).

The 11" and 13" width combo makes this rare set even rarer,

Aaron at SGC (South GA Corvettes - South Georgia Corvette, Inc. - Homepage) can attest to the 'as new' condition of these wheels. My PM box is full - please email jruss383@bellsouth.net if you have any questions.

$2,500 SHIPPED - wheels and tires, shipped insured anywhere in the CONUS
274807838_hXEpY-M.jpg

its on hold for a while due to someo9ne trying to pull a fast one on me . many thanx to mike at callaway for asking about it through pm to me . i cant go into detail as of yet due to the fact it will be going to civil court . i am out almost 10 k right now . and dont have the extra to order it right now . but thanx to mike for his heads up on the deal . yes white aero body is awsome . gives me something to dream about over the winter

i have been told its ok to share . what was going to happen behind my back was that my painter had contacted a friend of his in new york to basicly rip off a callaway to get my body kit . it came to light when mike asked me when i ordered my kit . i had put that as well as the funds in his hands to order things . when i confronted him he spilled the beans . I told him that better not happen and i wanted my cash back and we were done. to think that this might have happened made me very sad .. he was strapped financially and acting to try to save his home . too bad he could not consider asking people who liked him for help . now his business is closing aand he has signed a legal doc to pay me back with the sale of some of his shop , me having a right to my money first on the sale . to think for one minute that one of our find cars would have been distroyed to get a body kit for my car made me madder than i have been in a long time . in the end its a sad thing him losing so much because of greed . so there ya have it . i am again thankfull to mike for the conact avery caring guy that loves our cars . have a great weekend guys .

have a great weekend guys .
What an awful story! Glad you took action to prevent the theft!!

I hope you have a great weekend too.

-Mac

thanx . i recieved a last minute invite to a private track rental @ famoso so i am going to take the snat with her new headers out to see what she will do. will share the results when i get back

its on hold for a while due to someo9ne trying to pull a fast one on me . many thanx to mike at callaway for asking about it through pm to me . i cant go into detail as of yet due to the fact it will be going to civil court . i am out almost 10 k right now . and dont have the extra to order it right now . but thanx to mike for his heads up on the deal . yes white aero body is awsome . gives me something to dream about over the winter

i have been told its ok to share . what was going to happen behind my back was that my painter had contacted a friend of his in new york to basicly rip off a callaway to get my body kit . it came to light when mike asked me when i ordered my kit . i had put that as well as the funds in his hands to order things . when i confronted him he spilled the beans . I told him that better not happen and i wanted my cash back and we were done. to think that this might have happened made me very sad .. he was strapped financially and acting to try to save his home . too bad he could not consider asking people who liked him for help . now his business is closing aand he has signed a legal doc to pay me back with the sale of some of his shop , me having a right to my money first on the sale . to think for one minute that one of our find cars would have been distroyed to get a body kit for my car made me madder than i have been in a long time . in the end its a sad thing him losing so much because of greed . so there ya have it . i am again thankfull to mike for the conact avery caring guy that loves our cars . have a great weekend guys .

Jon,

How are you "out almost 10 k right now" when the AeroBody from Callaway is only $8k? ;squint:

And are you saying this is all a part of a conspiracy to commit grand larceny? And why are the Police not involved?

Is this story for real? :confused I am being serious here. Your story has created more questions than answers.

the 10 is for paint and the money i laid out for the areo body .its being handled here and due to legalities not much more i can say about it .in the end it was my stupid trust of what i thought was a good friend . i am just thankfull that no one got really hurt over the deal . the money i am out is nothing compared to what might have taken place. i will in time get that aero body on her . thanx for the interest. i will update when i can . but must follow my attnys advice . as this is going to civil court and the more thats said it wont help things . have a great thanxgiving

on another note , what i did was share what happened to me ,that is all . i can upset one when doubt is thrown in . my thoughts are this is shared , this situation will be handled how my attny and i decide to progress thats it .

on another note , what i did was share what happened to me ,that is all . i can upset one when doubt is thrown in . my thoughts are this is shared , this situation will be handled how my attny and i decide to progress thats it .

Jon, I can respect an attorney's advice to remain silent with respect to self incrimination, but why didn't you turn the police on to this scam? If he took your money and you had zero knowledge of the conspiracy, fine. But the guy who you are saying was out to steal a car for its parts, should be on their way to jail. Do you not agree? ;shrug

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for much in life!!! :beer

fishy is a jerk like you that cant understand what was explained to you earlier . all i did was share what happened .if you dont like how i am handling it too bad .it really isnt any of your concern . and nbow i am sorry i even shared what i did . i am the one thats lost on this deal . before i would accuse someone of something i would know 100% that i was correct in my statement . so dont ask any further as i will share no more about this . have a nice day

What strikes me as fishy is why some folks appear determined to stir up strife for no good reason. ;squint:

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom