Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back in the saddle!

Corvette
84 Z51 auto R.I.P. 89 black roadster SOLD
Well it took a year (I literally could not sit in one for quite some time without freaking out)...and it still ain't much but I'm back in the saddle baby!

blk89vert-wide1224.jpg

'89 black/tan/tan in pretty darn good condition considering I got it for $4800! 130K miles, few fixes needed here and there, couple hundred bucks worth at most. Zach had the coolest look on his face all the way home...

Its good to be back!

Bill

Yeah we have both been wanting one for a while. It was a very satisfying ride home! (albiet a tad on the warm side!)

Thanks!

Bill

Alright Mr. Bill :thumb

Very nice looking 89 Vert :dance That 89 has no idea that the best thing ever just happened to it... You and Zach got it.... If I were a used Corvette I'd pray for someone like you to come along and buy/ADOPT me ;)

Great News Geek :chuckle

Bud

Very nice looking 89 Vert :dance That 89 has no idea that the best thing ever just happened to it... You and Zach got it.... If I were a used Corvette I'd pray for someone like you to come along and buy/ADOPT me ;)

Bud

<BOWS> Why thank you Master Yoda...your words honor me!

We are already discussing the first road trip to Amarillo that we never got to do last year.

Bill

Hey Bill that's great. Is it an auto or 4 speed? Dan is going to have another cruise in August thru the San Juans for the RMCSC. Hope you can bring it to the cruise. Where did you find it? Locally? Again, it will be great to see you back with the groups. I believe the e-mails will be forthcoming with invites for wings. Now all you have to do is get Scott (and Patrick) back into the fold. And verts are great! It will be good to see Zach again.
Barrett

Congraduations, GeekinaVette, that is great. Looks and sounds like you did pretty good for 4800. :thumb

Good to see your back in action!! :w

Hey Bill that's great. Is it an auto or 4 speed? Dan is going to have another cruise in August thru the San Juans for the RMCSC. Hope you can bring it to the cruise. Where did you find it? Locally? Again, it will be great to see you back with the groups. I believe the e-mails will be forthcoming with invites for wings. Now all you have to do is get Scott (and Patrick) back into the fold. And verts are great! It will be good to see Zach again.
Barrett

It is both...4-speed automatic. :L

I found it on Craigslist up in Aurora. Maybe the guy I bought it from is on here I never thought to ask. Some sort of local celebratory social gathering would indeed be in order.

Bill

Well first repair done! Was throwing code 36 (MAF Burnoff Relay). Started poking around and discovered that the locking tab on the MAF connector was broken off. Two plastic zip ties later...no Codes! (of course I will order a replacement connector)

Now on to the AC...

Bill + roadster needing tlc= extreme happiness! :happyanim:

-Mac

Welcome back Bill. Good lookin vert. Is it a 2 top or just the rag top? Sounds like a few small things to keep you busy. Cant wait to hear your progress.

another ßill

Welcome back Bill. Good lookin vert. Is it a 2 top or just the rag top? Sounds like a few small things to keep you busy. Cant wait to hear your progress.

another ßill

Thanks! I think I remember you from CF '07 out here in the springs? (Had a helluvatime with that funky "B" character you use)

Just soft top, no hard top (I think that's what you're asking?).

Bud

Bill + roadster needing tlc= extreme happiness! :happyanim:

-Mac
WHAT THEY SAID!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy and relieved to hear you and Zach are back in the fold again, Bill. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving pair. :cool!:

:wJane Ann

Yes that is what I was asking. and yes I was there for CF '07 I needed repairs then. The funky ß is (ALT 225) ASCII character. And you call yourself a Geek? :D
proof that I was there
1of37.jpg

Congrats on your "new" car...

May it bring you and your family many happy miles together !:thumb

Sweet!!!

Glad to hear it, lots of smiles per miles in store for you & Zach!!!:thumb:beer

Bill, I saw the email where you said you were looking again.....that didn't take too long. It's sweet looking ride! Did you sell the jeep and the cycle?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom