Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back on the Road Again!

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
Although I purchased a dated replacement windshield from OEM Glass months ago (remember this post?... http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94179), I was only able to find one shop that would agree to install it, and couldn't get on their schedule until last Wednesday (...Tony's Corvettes in Gaithersburg, MD couldn't schedule me until next summer!). I got my car back yesterday - they did a good job with the install.

The shop owner found it odd that I couldn't find another local shop to do the install. He said as far as Vette windshields are concerned, the C3 is probably the simplist to install. Strange, huh?

Today we had perfect weather, high 80s and low humidity! It was a great re-acquanitance with the old girl... had the top down and everything! :cool Please remember that I've had my Vette parked since a little after last year's Corvettes at Carlisle event, plus I've had the glass out of the car since last winter.

I still have a numer of things to complete with the interior resto (but seriously, does it really ever end?). Well anyway, it sure feels good to have her back on the road!

Ralph

Sounds like your shop owner is one honest fella! Too bad all of our technicians are not as honest as him!

Great you finally got to enjoy your Vette! I did some tooling around in Chicago just because I can!

SAVE THE :w

Many shops don't want to deal with C3 windshield replacement, as they frequently find MAJOR rust damage to the windshield frame when the old glass is removed, and they don't want to deal with the rust repairs, or install a new glass over the rust holes. It's easier to say "we don't do those".

:beer

Glad to hear you are back on the road Ralph. I wanted to say "Good to see ya back on the Road" and caught myself. I have not seen you yet. I had mine out shortly for a bit of a cruise. It has been down for about three weeks trying to get some minor cosmetics done under the hood.

Glad to hear you are back on the road Ralph. I wanted to say "Good to see ya back on the Road" and caught myself. I have not seen you yet. I had mine out shortly for a bit of a cruise. It has been down for about three weeks trying to get some minor cosmetics done under the hood.

What are you having done, Jeff?

Well, I removed my Valve Covers to repaint them GM Blue as they should be. The Valve cover took a while because they were dirty and rusty. In the process, I had to remove the EGR to remove passenger side Valve Cover so since I removed the emissions a month ago then I just installed a EGR block-Off Plate instead. I also replaced the Valve Cover gaskets with the Fel-Pro Perma Dry Plus, replaced the PCV and some of the rubber tubing that I could get to. Repair the Qjet choke and trying to fine tune it. Still not there yet! Replaced grommets and bolts, etc. Just trying to keep stuff going and busy.

Well, I removed my Valve Covers to repaint them GM Blue as they should be. The Valve cover took a while because they were dirty and rusty. In the process, I had to remove the EGR to remove passenger side Valve Cover so since I removed the emissions a month ago then I just installed a EGR block-Off Plate instead. I also replaced the Valve Cover gaskets with the Fel-Pro Perma Dry Plus, replaced the PCV and some of the rubber tubing that I could get to. Repair the Qjet choke and trying to fine tune it. Still not there yet! Replaced grommets and bolts, etc. Just trying to keep stuff going and busy.

Cool, you're on your way, you'll be back on the road b4 long. I was thinking of heading over to Jimmy Cone on Aug 4th. Have you been there this summer?

Maybe we can meet up.

Cool, you're on your way, you'll be back on the road b4 long. I was thinking of heading over to Jimmy Cone on Aug 4th. Have you been there this summer?

Maybe we can meet up.
The Vette is up and running. I am in the process of trying to fine tune my choke. Things are much better today. Sure do love cruising in the Vette.
Ralph, never heard of Jimmy Cone. What and where is it? Aug 4th so far sounds like a plan to me. Anyone else in the area interested? Drop me a PM so we can make plans. You know, every Saturday evening there is a huge car show on RT 2 (Ritchie Hwy) Glen Burnie? I had no idea it was so big. It is from 6-10 PM. Just in case you are in the area sometime.

The Vette is up and running. I am in the process of trying to fine tune my choke. Things are much better today. Sure do love cruising in the Vette.
Ralph, never heard of Jimmy Cone. What and where is it? Aug 4th so far sounds like a plan to me. Anyone else in the area interested? Drop me a PM so we can make plans. You know, every Saturday evening there is a huge car show on RT 2 (Ritchie Hwy) Glen Burnie? I had no idea it was so big. It is from 6-10 PM. Just in case you are in the area sometime.
Jeff,

It's in Mt. Airy. They have a cruise in every 1st and 3rd Sat in the summer ( http://www.jimmieconemd.com/html/crusienight.htm ). Lots of people, ice cream, there's usually a band, and of course cool classic cars. I'll PM you with more info.

Ralph

That's a bit of a drive. How far for you?

Hmmm... I didn't think about that. It's only about 20 mins for me. I haven't been to one since last summer, but they were pretty cool events.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom