Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

backed up for 3 months ARRGGGG.

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
just got off the phone with Callaway, there backed up three months so it looks like May before I can get my car down there for the 450 package upgrade....Dayum.....

S

Stan A

450 upgrade???

Hi Ron,

What do they want to charge you for that 50hp upgrade?

I can show you the performance numbers on both models and you will see that the cost may not be worth the investment.

Post me directly : stanadelman@attbi.com

If the cost is over $5,000 or more, we can show you a better way for about the same money and you will get more HP than 50 ponies.

Stan

EricVonHa

Corvette
'93 6-Speed & '87 Callaway
50 hp sounds like a cam upgrade, some head work, etc. Stick with a local (but reputable) shop and you'll keep $$$ in your bank account.

I'll lend some personal experience to dealing with Callaway about attention to detail (off forum via email). Post me if interested. Just trying to help out! I can also give you some advice (along with Stan) as to how to get some more ponies out your car.

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
they quoted me around 4 grand for the upgrade, includes, cam, heads, new stainless headers, exhaust. I'm looking to remain with callaway for the work, that way when I do decide to sell it's documented that they performed all the work. I don't want to start getting into several different shops doing this, the resale value will certainly drop. I'm willing to pay a little extra for the quality that I know they have

S

Stan A

Hi,

I emailed you directly earlier today with the performance numbers you wanted.

$4,000 is just too much money for what they will do. Suggest that you consider spending around $6,000 or so and David F can show you several other ways to get 100hp+ and without changing out one Callaway part. This will keep the Value in tack!

Take care,
Stan

90Callaway

supernatural400 said:
I'm willing to pay a little extra for the quality that I know they have.

And were exactly did you determine that they have quality these days? You can email me if you'd like to discuss this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom