Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

backed up for 3 months ARRGGGG.

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
just got off the phone with Callaway, there backed up three months so it looks like May before I can get my car down there for the 450 package upgrade....Dayum.....

450 upgrade???

Hi Ron,

What do they want to charge you for that 50hp upgrade?

I can show you the performance numbers on both models and you will see that the cost may not be worth the investment.

Post me directly : stanadelman@attbi.com

If the cost is over $5,000 or more, we can show you a better way for about the same money and you will get more HP than 50 ponies.

Stan

50 hp sounds like a cam upgrade, some head work, etc. Stick with a local (but reputable) shop and you'll keep $$$ in your bank account.

I'll lend some personal experience to dealing with Callaway about attention to detail (off forum via email). Post me if interested. Just trying to help out! I can also give you some advice (along with Stan) as to how to get some more ponies out your car.

they quoted me around 4 grand for the upgrade, includes, cam, heads, new stainless headers, exhaust. I'm looking to remain with callaway for the work, that way when I do decide to sell it's documented that they performed all the work. I don't want to start getting into several different shops doing this, the resale value will certainly drop. I'm willing to pay a little extra for the quality that I know they have

Hi,

I emailed you directly earlier today with the performance numbers you wanted.

$4,000 is just too much money for what they will do. Suggest that you consider spending around $6,000 or so and David F can show you several other ways to get 100hp+ and without changing out one Callaway part. This will keep the Value in tack!

Take care,
Stan

supernatural400 said:
I'm willing to pay a little extra for the quality that I know they have.

And were exactly did you determine that they have quality these days? You can email me if you'd like to discuss this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom