Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Backspacing for Rally Wheels

D

DanTanna

How much backspacing for reproduction rally wheels (15 x 6, 0 offset) for a midyear? 3.5 or 4 inches? Thanks!

Dan Tanna and blown454,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Tom

Also, Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

As long as we are on the subject, I have a '65 with plain old rusty rims. Eventually, I will probably get a set of rallies or smoothies. I am wondering what is the BIGGEST or BEST rim size that will fit properly inside the stock wheel wells, front and back. I am not looking for a restoration, and I have seen all kinds of rims advertised for the 63-67 years, but I am curious for your opinions.
14" or 15", 3.5 or 4, 5 or 7? I see all kinds, and I'm sure that wheel salesman would gladly recommend one, but as usual, I trust you guys.
Thanks,
Bo

P.S. The original owner, who is now gone, had rallies with tires that were almost square when viewed looking straight at the tread. They looked like they were a foot wide, although I am sure that they were not. Since I have no intention of driving this car into a hydroplaining situation, I wouldn't mind getting that look again. Maybe one of you can recommend a tire spec?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom