Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barrett-Jackson Auction January 16-19

vettefinderjim

Corvette
orginal owner 77
I just returned from the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale. Prices were high for good cars. I think new records were set for solid axel cars. A 58 frost blue, charcoal fuel injected body off sold for $108,000!!!!!!!

WOW, car looked great, but that must be a new record.

A 1957 Cascade green fuel injected NCRS Duntov winner sold for $92000. Very nice correct car.

A 54 Corvette white with beige interior sold for $80000.

This auction always has new records set on sales numbers and prices. It appeared however, that educated buyers were buying good cars at fair prices except for the above exceptions. I think numbers of cars sold were down from last year, but American muscle was what everyone wants. European and Exotic items were not in the numbers we have seen in past years.

Due to the amount of NO RESERVE cars, sales ratios will look very high around 85%. I think real numbers are 45%-55% sold is more realistic due to current economy.

Good cars are still selling for very good money however. So isn't it a neat bonus to own a great American icon that you can drive and enjoy and know it's 401K performance exceeds the current market and savings account numbers.

Maybe now Mom will say let's go buy two of them.

Regards,
Jim

Wish I could have been there. Thanks for the report Jim!!

Small correction to Jims report from Barrett-Jackson. I helped retore the 54 that went for $ 80,000 there. It was white with red interior and a beige top, not as he had listed. The car had ZERO miles on it since restoration and was judged top flight 99.5 % correct at it's first outing. Everything was completely restored to the finest detail including the John Kenndy interior and hand made top. Word has it that was the most ever paid at auction for a 54 Vette. Compared to the other cars I've seen and the one that I own, it was worth every penny. Sometimes you've just got to pay for perfection !!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected

Sorry, I got my 54's confused. There was a white / saddle that also sold. I am glad you corrected me, as i did not think the white / saddle car was up to $80,000. But with 200+ cars per day for 4 days, it is amazing anyone can keep up with the sales for the week. All the sales are posted on BJ's web site.

The 53 Corvette custom, known as "Harlezin" or something like that was purchased by Pro Team for 80K. It's now for sale, asking price 120K. Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom