Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barrett Jackson offerings

harland

Corvette
1961 fawn beige convertible
Although I didn't catch the live action, I see on the B-J website that about 6-8 1961s were offfered-all bigger engines I believe. I was interested that about 1/2 were painted fawn beige. I find this interesting as that is the color I am going with on my re-restoration from current white to the original fawn beige . I believe that this is just an interesting coincidence as percentage wise you wouldn't have this many fawn beige (per the statistics I read, this was about the 5th most popular color). I don't think too many B-J cars have their original colors changed.

I think color-changing on C1's is more the norm than not, as there is no trim tag to determine the "correct" color; many are changed to colors that are more "appealing" than their original color - nobody can tell the difference.

:beer

C-1 colors

Yes, I do understand about no color code on the VIN,etc. I just don't think that today's restorations would be likely to do that-first, all the 61 colors were attractive-the lighter blue was very rare as was the silver so I would think an owner with that original color would be proud to have a rare one.
I know that some colors in the mid years--like the dark green of a 1965--are sometimes a problem--I personally like green but my car buddy calls it 'no sale green' as it isn't universally liked--such as black, nice red, dark blue,etc.. Just my two cents. Harland

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom