Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bassani or NOT???

Beobachter

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Roadster 1961 R/W
Looking at adding a Bassani exhaust to my C5 but no one in our 200 member club has one. Tell me your experiences so I can make an informed decision. The system was a gift...keep it or sell it?
Thanx

While I don't have any experience with a Bassani, I'm going to post here and your request a bump. Someone will post in with some answers, fear not!

:w
-Patrick

I would guess it depends on what sound you are looking for. I believe Bassani has several diffferent systems--some tuned for 'touring' and others for an 'aggressive' sound. What others here can offer is only their opinion on what sound they like, not what sound you will like. If you are mechanically inclined, just bolt them on and see if you like them, if not, you can always sell them and get something more to your liking. It is not a very difficult installation--Corvette Fever had a how-to article in the last year (look at this web site: http://97vette.com/howto/mufflers/index.html)

If you do not want to go that route, I would contact Bassani and see if they can give you the name of someone in your area that has a similar system.

As far as a performance improvement, nearly any cat back system will help, but in only a limited way as compared to stock without other modifications. So if you are looking to improve performance and do not care about sound, this system would be a start.

I'm not sure if Bassani makes more than one system for the C5, but the one I heard on a stock C5 sounded a lot like the stock Z06 system when added to a C5 (which is not the same as how it sounds on an actual Z06).

I didn't care for the sound, but many do.

Actually, the best bang-for-the buck on C5 exhausts IS the Z06 system. Many Z06ers, wanting to be loud, take off the Z06's titanium system and put on an aftermarket unit. What they don't understand is 1) the Z06 exhaust is pretty good up to the 450-475hp level and 2) because it's ti from the rear connections back, its very light. Taking weight off the car has nearly the same result as increasing power so you gain a little power with the Z06 exhaust and you gain a tiny bit more performance by taking 20 or so pounds out of the car.

Better yet, is you can buy C5Z take-off exhausts pretty cheap.

As for Bassani, I have no personal experience with Bassani products for the C5 per se, but in the process of some research I did for an aftermarket exhaust "buyer's guide" I did several years ago, I looked at Bassani's stuff and I think they make a good quality product which is well-engineered.

I drove a friend's C5 to listen to his Bissani cat-back with X-pipe. I could not hear the exhaust inside the car and it is a vert! His car has a good rumble at idle and a good sound when he gets on it, but nothing to compare with the volume of my Corsa Pace Cars--they are very loud.

Actually, the Pace Cars have become just a little too loud for me on long trips--although they are wicked when you get punch the pedal.

Right now I am trying to decide between Z06 TIs or Bissani...and then between Bissani's stainless or aluminized. ;shrug I would try Hooker or Flowmaster if they had decent looking tips. The Bissanis have 4-inch rolled tips that look really great.

Hard to decide, isn't it? :chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom