Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Batteries For C5 (Not Z06)

korvet777

Corvette
03 Electron Blue Cpe A4
Any recommendations for a desert dweller (PHOENIX) and an '03' garage queen (18,000 miles). I have always made the switch before it died but missed this time. Just sitting in garage for 2 weeks now. Don't even know if she will jump. Being that the most you get is three summers (maybe) I was wondering about opinions on going low $ (2 summers) or higher $ (to get 3 summers. Thank You

i have one from batteries plus, they are made by Deka in PA. i got a size 78 fits .its now 3 years old and its warm here in Vegas also.

Does the hot weather there kill batteries quicker than up here in Northern Ohio (COLD winters)? I ask because I paid $$ for an AC Delco battery in 2011; it finally died spring of 2019. I trickle charged it every winter for about 5 months, then back on the road. Anyway, no particular reason but I replaced it with an Optima Red top; fit in just fine and Optimas seem to get good reviews.

i think extreme hot or cold temps can affect batteries, how much i dont know. here in Vegas the heat will affect the battery but issues dont show up until the cold weather hits..when they are strained

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom