Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Batteries For C5 (Not Z06)

korvet777

Corvette
03 Electron Blue Cpe A4
Any recommendations for a desert dweller (PHOENIX) and an '03' garage queen (18,000 miles). I have always made the switch before it died but missed this time. Just sitting in garage for 2 weeks now. Don't even know if she will jump. Being that the most you get is three summers (maybe) I was wondering about opinions on going low $ (2 summers) or higher $ (to get 3 summers. Thank You

Corvette
2003 Electron Blue Coupe and 2003 Yellow Coupe
i have one from batteries plus, they are made by Deka in PA. i got a size 78 fits .its now 3 years old and its warm here in Vegas also.

sdderr

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Metallic Coupe
Does the hot weather there kill batteries quicker than up here in Northern Ohio (COLD winters)? I ask because I paid $$ for an AC Delco battery in 2011; it finally died spring of 2019. I trickle charged it every winter for about 5 months, then back on the road. Anyway, no particular reason but I replaced it with an Optima Red top; fit in just fine and Optimas seem to get good reviews.

Corvette
2003 Electron Blue Coupe and 2003 Yellow Coupe
i think extreme hot or cold temps can affect batteries, how much i dont know. here in Vegas the heat will affect the battery but issues dont show up until the cold weather hits..when they are strained

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom