Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery compartment

teedawg

Corvette
1969 Black & Gold Coupe
How do replace the fiberglass for the battery compartment? A few years worth of batt. acid has made it a little on the rotten side on my '69. I have a assembly manual, but it seems a little vague. Thanks for any feedback. :confused

How neat do you want it? Could just clean up what is there and then lay fiberglass mat over that. The easy cheap way.

Or could find a car with a good battery compartment and make a mold. Or find a hulk with a good compartment, cut it out and graft onto your car.

tom...

Thanks Tom. I'd like to keep the battery in the car so what wopuld be the easiest way? I'm not to worried about how clean it looks.

Just like TOm said....clean up the old tray....scuff it up good and re-lay new galss onto thee old.......sand smooth and paint/undercoat......be as good as new....

You can find fiberglass mat and resin in most auto parts stores or boat supply stores.

The mat is like a piece of cloth you load it with resin after you add hardener to the resin. Then you smooth it out let it dry and harden then sand smooth and lay another layer until you get it thick enough to handle the load you want it to.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom