Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery Drain-Down Problem...

You know, funny as it sounds, I had the same problem with my 81, it turned out to be that damned courtesy light timer. I'd put a cut off switch at the battery because I couldn't find the drain. I'd almost had the entire dash apart and couldn't find the short. So, I "bypassed" the problem, till I had more time. Then twice in one evening (might have happened in the daylight but I didn't notice) the interior lights would come on intermittenly with the doors closed, while driving. I found the timer had some hot spots, bypassed it, then outta curiosity, left the battery switch connected...no more problems.

You know, funny as it sounds, I had the same problem with my 81, it turned out to be that damned courtesy light timer. I'd put a cut off switch at the battery because I couldn't find the drain. I'd almost had the entire dash apart and couldn't find the short. So, I "bypassed" the problem, till I had more time. Then twice in one evening (might have happened in the daylight but I didn't notice) the interior lights would come on intermittenly with the doors closed, while driving. I found the timer had some hot spots, bypassed it, then outta curiosity, left the battery switch connected...no more problems.
Yea, I'm still in the same situation...just no time to solve this one.
However I did notice every now and then I'll be driving down the road and my seatbelt warning alarm will go off. :eyerole

Just where is that "timer" for the inside lights???

i spent 750 bucks and 4 months to find out that i wasnt turning the door key all the way off and my bcm though i was unlocking the door all the time and the entry lites would't go out...you gotta hate being that dumb...

The timer is behind the glove box. Pull the glove box insert out, don't waste time trying to reach around it. You'll find an orange plastic box about the size of a book of matches, usually taped to the wiring harness. That's it. I believe I jumped the white wires to get the lights to go on and off as they would without the delay feature.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom