Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery Drain

TexasFFchick

Corvette
2014 Lime Rock Green Stingray Z51
Hi all:

Just got a new C6 a few weeks ago with an AC Delco battery (7/2011). Installed a Kenwood touchscreen radio with NAV and two days later battery was dead. Charged it, drove it, parked it, two more days, dead again. Could it possibly be this radio causing parastitic draw? Or do you think the battery is old-wouldn't think 3 years is that old. At any rate, had the installers disconnect the radio and the car started fine this morning. Hmmmm,... Wonder if it needs more cold cranking amps? I would think you could change the radio in the car?? ;help

Almost makes you think that the installers missed something. I think I'd have them go some checking.

Almost makes you think that the installers missed something. I think I'd have them go some checking.

Radio should not use enough juice to drain battery that fast. If you drive it for awhile with radio disconnected without problems, then find out where radio installers are hooking up radio for power. Something is wrong. IMO

I know it sounds impossible, but... In her last car she had a satellite adapter and if she left it plugged in the battery would go dead. I know the math is simple amp hours available divided by amps draw so it wasn't possible. Yet, her battery would go dead.
I'm positive because I had to get the jumper cables often enough that it left a lasting impression. :L

Module was bad-answer to battery drain!!!

Just a follow up to the battery drain for me....I had another shop test the radio to see what exactly was happening and they went to pull the radio out-while the car was off-and the fan to radio came on BY ITSELF. The realized that the module was defective and that what was happening when the car was off the fan came on behind the radio and was draining the battery. So I went back to where I bought the radio and they replaced the defective radio and even gave me an upgrade no charge. NO more problems.

Always helps to let folks know what the outcome is-I searched everywhere to try to find out what possibly could be the issue....Would have NEVER guessed this one would be the one...:happyanim:
:thumb

Thank you for the update and solution. Always nice to see what the problem was.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom