Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery tender

johnohio

Corvette
2008 crystal red convertible
When you hook up the battery tender- Do you compleatly shut the hood or leave it open a little? Either way it looks like it would stress the hood.

I'll let you know in three weeks. My 2008 C6 has been in my garage on a battery tender (with hood open) for three months. I return to US and will (hopefully) crank up my C6 and close the hood.

Why don't you just drop the power cord through the engine bay and run the cord under the car?

When you hook up the battery tender- Do you compleatly shut the hood or leave it open a little? Either way it looks like it would stress the hood.

I do it either way on C3, 4 and 5 with no ill effects one way or the other.

I don't know about a C-6 but on my 2003 I hook up the float charger or battery tender, leave the wire hang over the fender and slowly close the hood till it comes to rest on the latches, but not latched down. The under hood light goes out as the hood lowers to almost flat, but before the hood touches the latches.

I leave the hood open to allow the cord to go through the opening, but keep the hood almost shut to turn the engine lights off. I put my covers on the cars after attaching the leads to the terminals, then insert the plug into the outlet to power up the tender. Never had a problem. Keep the tender on a 2 X 6 to keep it off the concrete floor. Do this for all of my vehicles when they are not in use; three vehicles currently are attached to 3 tenders.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom