Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery

Don D

Corvette
2019 super sport
With the battery maintainer for my 2019 Grand Sport which was an option from GM, you need to plug it in to the rear port inside the vehicle. The cord then goes outside the vehicle to be connected to an AC source. The rear hatch needs to be closed. I am concerned about the cord being pinched when the hatch is closed. It this a concern? Instructions do not address this.

I always park in the garage. I then crack open the passenger side window for the cord. That was the only solution I could come up with.

Thanx. Really hope it helped. I’m a relatively new Corvette owner, so I’m still facing a bit of a learning curve. A lot of us fall into that category.

Thanx. Really hope it helped. I’m a relatively new Corvette owner, so I’m still facing a bit of a learning curve. A lot of us fall into that category.
Had a 1998 before this one, 2019. It did not all the whistles.

Had a 1998 before this one, 2019. It did not all the whistles.
You can close the rear hatch without crimping the harness.
In fact, once the hatch is closed you’ll still be able to pull the charger harness without difficulty. Try it, there’s no reason to open a window or leave the hatch ajar.
chris

You can close the rear hatch without crimping the harness.
In fact, once the hatch is closed you’ll still be able to pull the charger harness without difficulty. Try it, there’s no reason to open a window or leave the hatch ajar.
chris
Thanks
Chris! Have it hooked up. Don't know if you know, but have left the car on tire cradles and start it seldom. Last time I stared, the change oil soon came on. It has been up since late Sept. Does the oil sensor react to time or just oil life?

Oil life is a function of mileage and TIME. The owners manual says to change the oil at least least every year, so even if you don't put any miles on it, the oil life will go down approximately 8% each month.

Thanks for the info! The car has set idle since Sept. Plan to change the oil in the spring when the weatther in Illinois is a lot better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom