Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BBC Top Gear is back...

I've notice that BBC America has started periodically re-running the Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear episodes again -- and that the reconstituted British-based show seems to have gone out of production. Perhaps that was to make way for the 'new' Top Gear America show...?

Speaking of the latter program, I just finished watching an episode of it for the first time. I'm sorry (but not surprised) to report that it's as equally lame as every other Top Gear spin-off that's been launched... :(

I've notice that BBC America has started periodically re-running the Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear episodes again -- and that the reconstituted British-based show seems to have gone out of production. Perhaps that was to make way for the 'new' Top Gear America show...?

Speaking of the latter program, I just finished watching an episode of it for the first time. I'm sorry (but not surprised) to report that it's as equally lame as every other Top Gear spin-off that's been launched... :(
The BBC will never admit that they screwed up but they really did drop the ball. That being said, from what I've read lately, the BBC is embracing intersectional social justice moon battery... Established entertainers are being let go because they're white males. Disproportionate numbers of culturally diverse representatives are being hired. Basically, they're making television unwatchable for the average individual... and that's what is happening. People are dropping their cable and moving to watching alternatives on the internet.

Oh and the next Doctor is a feminist. :w

Mac

The BBC will never admit that they screwed up but they really did drop the ball...

Concur. And I agree that we'll never hear them publicly admit it. But every time they air another re-worked version of Top Gear, I honestly think it should be renamed Flop Gear...

... That being said, from what I've read lately, the BBC is embracing intersectional social justice moon battery... Established entertainers are being let go because they're white males. Disproportionate numbers of culturally diverse representatives are being hired. Basically, they're making television unwatchable for the average individual... and that's what is happening. People are dropping their cable and moving to watching alternatives on the internet...

Not wanting to take this down a rabbit hole more suited to "The Edge," but I've noticed the same thing in all network programming, not just the BBC. And the reaction you describe is the only realistic solution to rotten programming: just say "no" (i.e., stop watching it)...

When the revenue stops coming in, perhaps all of these networks will re-think their programming...? But again -- realistically -- even with dwindling subscribers/viewership, they'll just continue to push the same failed programming even harder; like with the never-ending string of reconstituted Top Gear programs we're getting now -- each more 'diverse' and banal than the last... :eyerole

... Oh and the next Doctor is a feminist. :w

I've heard those reports as well; and again, I'm not a bit surprised they want to push a female Dr. Who. Fits right in with everything else that's been going on with network programming... Probably why BBC America now airs re-runs of Star Trek: Voyager practically every day of the week too...

It's OK. YouTube still has lots of archived episodes of the real Top Gear and MST3k that I can stream via my laptop...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom