Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BCM install/reprogramming questions

busanoel

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe
I was messing with my sound system and had an arc occur...wasn't sure what all happened, but the system was working fine. So i went to start the Vette and no power went to the Crank. All fuses are fine. I then tried pumping the clutch and poof, the car started...and the Headlights came on automatically. I have tried three times and had the exact same results. From looking on forums, it looks like a common BCM problem. I can order the part, but how do I reprogram it? The service manual says use a scan tool...will it connect to the BCM, or do I install the BCM and then connect the tool under the drivers seat and go from there?
thanks...

HI there,
First, it would be suggested to take a look at the codes in the PCM AND BCM for guidance to see if you NEED the BCM.
And if you do need it, the BCM will need to be programmed and then RPO configured for your vehicle and the theft deterrant relearned.
Allthebest, c4c5

...got the codes...

10-PCM P0410 H C
28-TCS C1217 H
28-TCS C1221 H
28-TCS C1222 H
28-TCS C1225 H
28-TCS C1236 H
28-TCS C1243 H
AO-LDCM B2282 H
AO-LDCM B2284 H
AO-LDCM U1064 H
A1-RDCM B2283 H
A1-RDCM B2285 H
A1-RDCM B2263 H
A1-RDCM B2265 H
A1-RDCM U1064 H

The TCS codes i am somewhat familiar with because I had the ABS and traction control indicator lights light up 6 months ago. I don't use the traction control so I didn't bother having the EBCM or BPMV replaced. As to the other codes, i am clueless. Not sure how left and right door control modules could have anything to do with the crank/ignition and the headlights.
also, the Clutch-Pump technique has worn off...it doesn't start anymore =(

any ideas?..other than giving my first-born to the stealership? =)

Hi there,
Actually, looks like a starter to me.
Put test light on the purple wire to the starter and see if it lights when you attempt to start it.
If it does, your starter solenoid has a problem. You can also check the switch below the clutch pedal, as that supplies the purple wire to the starter also.
Make sure your battery terminals are torqued to 11 ft lbs.
Allthebest, c4c5

Hi there,
Actually, looks like a starter to me.
Put test light on the purple wire to the starter and see if it lights when you attempt to start it.
If it does, your starter solenoid has a problem. You can also check the switch below the clutch pedal, as that supplies the purple wire to the starter also.
Make sure your battery terminals are torqued to 11 ft lbs.
Allthebest, c4c5

well i tried the probe on the purple wire...no power while attempting to start. The probe stayed dead. =( was reading through the Service Manual and it seems that the TDS and/or UTD have some effect on cutting power to the Starter and cutting fuel to the injectors.
=( a blast to drive, a pain to own.

Hi there,
WHERE did you probe the wire?
You can also check at the clutch switch or the RELAY under the dash.
If the theft system disabled the starter, you would have a code in your PCM to that affect.
Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom