Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Belts & Hoses

Corvette
87 Callaway Cpe 87-070 & 68 Cpe 427, 4spd A/C
Just got my 68 delivered. 1st on the list (since it has sat for a very long time) is to replace the belts & hoses but having trouble finding parts

68 427/400, AC, NO PS or PB, Still has the smog pump. So I'm not sure exactly what I need or where to go for them :ugh Are these a dated part or something that needs to be replace with a "correct" item or specific brand to be correct?

Appreciate any help

i10fwy

There are correct reproductions available but unless you're getting into every-point-counts judging I wouldn't bother. Take your old belts to a local parts shop and they can match them up. Note that modern belts are slightly narrower than some originals and may ride lower in the pulleys.

The hoses are available from your favorite Corvette parts supplier.

There are correct reproductions available but unless you're getting into every-point-counts judging I wouldn't bother. Take your old belts to a local parts shop and they can match them up. Note that modern belts are slightly narrower than some originals and may ride lower in the pulleys.

The hoses are available from your favorite Corvette parts supplier.

Thanks Mike, I ordered a full set of reproductions from ZIPS, I think I will take your advice, I will save them and buy some new goodyears to put on it. Man this thing is a monster. Needs a good tune up. Heck, I might just keep it the way it is and drive it for awhile and enjoy it.

Stick your foot in it and it want to change lanes, nice polyglass tires!!!!!!!!!!! and manual steering.

Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom