Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bent my (insert colorful metaphor here) wheel!!

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Convertible
Driving home last night after picking up pizza with my daughter I hit a pothole! :mad We were talking and I wasn't paying as close of attention to the road as I should have (obviously!)!!

Got home, looked at the wheel and there was a slight (but noticeable) bend in the right front wheel!!:mad :mad

9 days. I've had the car 9 friggin days!! :mad :mad :mad

There, I feel somewhat better!

My Condolences dude.:ugh

Felt better to vent eh, It really sucks when there is no one to blame but yourself, on the other hand you might try writeing a letter to the city and see if the will cover some of the cost, it can be done.

Mart

I thought about writing a letter, and I may still. I'm going to take pics of my car and the pothole just in case I do.

The only thing going for me that might help is that I have had the car for only 9 days!

Well, you can always look at it this way koolaid, the first one's over with now. You can relax a little now that it's had it's first ding. :v

So true. The first day I brought the car home I lowered the one-piece garage door onto the long hood. The V-shaped metal center support swung down and dug a nice groove into that long hood, as I closed the garage door.

My wife said, "I'm glad you did that instead of me!"

I'm sure I'll feel better in a couple of days. Just mad at myself for not paying more attention. Now I'll be paying!! Gotta love that irony mixed with some sarcasm!

koolaid117,
Oh man, I feel for you. At least it’s something that can be taken care of.

B17Crew
:w

Look at the bright side Koolaid,

Its a front wheel these were also on the normal Vettes,

the 11" rear makes a difference in availability and price.

this doesn't mean doesn't it hurts when you have the first "accident" with your Vette.

good luck.

I bent my rt. front wheel New Year’s Day. The Wheel shop only charged $60 to make it right and balance it. I was so happy over getting off so cheap that I got all four wheels powder coated Black.

Then I decided that the alignment needed to be checked which led to more aggressive castor and camber, etc. etc.

Since I am now experienced with wheel straitening I will trade you Thunder with straight wheels for your ZR1 with the bent one… Even trade… what do you think?:L

Always seems to happen when you just get a car. I guess it's a given. I can understand the feeling though...get it fixed...put it behind you...enjoy your car!

SPANISHVETTS said:
I bent my rt. front wheel New Year’s Day. The Wheel shop only charged $60 to make it right and balance it. I was so happy over getting off so cheap that I got all four wheels powder coated Black.

Then I decided that the alignment needed to be checked which led to more aggressive castor and camber, etc. etc.

Since I am now experienced with wheel straitening I will trade you Thunder with straight wheels for your ZR1 with the bent one… Even trade… what do you think?:L

You pay the shipping! ;) Actually, I have considered getting them chromed, but not sure how it would look.

Yeah , man , leave it behind you . Something , someday had to happen . It is just the way it is . Good thing , nobody drove into you , or parked his datsun onna parking lot inna ya .
My wheels are black coated , because pre-previous owner's "friend" spinned it and hit sidewalk with back wheel . And that was ZR1 wheel. Well , damage was fixed and wheels became black . Not that it is a bad combo with the yellow vette :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom