Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Aftermarket Sidepipes???????

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
What's your experience with aftermarket sidepipe suppliers? Who has the best pipe and who has the best price? I need a new set for my 63. I'll probably buy the lesser expensive aluminized pipe but am looking for a good manufacturer.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Sal

I got mine for my '64 from Corvette America at Corvettes at Carlisle. They sound great. Stainless steel and they gave 10% off at the show and free shipping!

Had a problem with ordering the wrong ones and they took care of it for me and replaced them with the right size. I have the 365 horse engine and the rumble is just right.....but forget the radio when crusing, you can't hear it!

Must have been a lot of resistance in my old exhaust because the car seemed to have come alive with this new exhaust. It idels when it is cold much much better, I really like it!

Before
193C8394-vi.jpg

After with side pipes and knock offs (whole different attitude)
IMG_4014oldgarage-vi.jpg

I got mine for my '64 from Corvette America at Corvettes at Carlisle. They sound great. Stainless steel and they gave 10% off at the show and free shipping!

Had a problem with ordering the wrong ones and they took care of it for me and replaced them with the right size. I have the 365 horse engine and the rumble is just right.....but forget the radio when crusing, you can't hear it!

Must have been a lot of resistance in my old exhaust because the car seemed to have come alive with this new exhaust. It idels when it is cold much much better, I really like it!

Before
193C8394-vi.jpg

After with side pipes and knock offs (whole different attitude)
IMG_4014oldgarage-vi.jpg

Looks great. I love mine but they are so loud I'm assuming they are rotted on the inside. Do you remember the cost of the pipes? I can get aluminized locally for $220 each.

do you want decent sidepipes or the best?

i can't argue with allen's or long island corvette, they're both fine in my experience..

do you want the best? sweet thunder

...look them up on the web

do you want decent sidepipes or the best?

i can't argue with allen's or long island corvette, they're both fine in my experience..

do you want the best? sweet thunder

...look them up on the web

I'm just looking for decent pipes. Aluminized is fine. No need for stainless. I'd like them quieter than stock pipes but it's hard to compare since every set of 'stock' pipes I've heard are burned out to some extent.

I'm just looking for decent pipes. Aluminized is fine. No need for stainless. I'd like them quieter than stock pipes but it's hard to compare since every set of 'stock' pipes I've heard are burned out to some extent.

The words "sidepipe" and "quiet" are mutually exclusive. :D ;LOL

Side Pipes... Mean Loud..!!!

Loudest you can get IMHO would be Sweet Thunder ..Model "GNM" ..Meaning Give no Mercy. Next model down is the standard Sweet Thunder. ..Also Loud.

Stock GM side pipes are 17/8" internal Dia.
Sweet Thunder...standard is 2 1/2 Internal Dia.
" " GNM........ 2 3/4 " " But slightly larger overall outside Dia.

:beer

Side Pipes... Mean Loud..!!!

Loudest you can get IMHO would be Sweet Thunder ..Model "GNM" ..Meaning Give no Mercy. Next model down is the standard Sweet Thunder. ..Also Loud.

Stock GM side pipes are 17/8" internal Dia.
Sweet Thunder...standard is 2 1/2 Internal Dia.
" " GNM........ 2 3/4 " " But slightly larger overall outside Dia.

:beer
Actually according to Mike the stock were 1-3/4 and his are 2, 2-1/4" and 2-1/2". His 'standard' size is 2", about the same as GM.

Actually according to Mike the stock were 1-3/4 and his are 2, 2-1/4" and 2-1/2". His 'standard' size is 2", about the same as GM.

Then I stand corrected... I'm on Beer # 2 .. and was using my memory.;LOL

There Still Loud..

Hell I'm on #4 but only know because I spoke to him earlier today. Tomorrow I won't know what a sidepipe is.;LOL :boogie

Now I don't care Who you are... That There is Funny....;LOL :rotfl

(Larry the Cable Guy)....:boogie

go to jet hot's website....they have 1 7/8 primary headers and 4 inch sidepipes..very nice setup.

I'm going the Ebay route on the 68 for now stock
covers and pipes but when the 383 goes in and I have a little more cash ;) I upgrade to bigger pipes

;LOL the car and most of the parts are from E-bay ;LOL

I'm going the Ebay route on the 68 for now stock
covers and pipes but when the 383 goes in and I have a little more cash ;) I upgrade to bigger pipes

;LOL the car and most of the parts are from E-bay ;LOL

Dude...forget that 383 tiny block.... do the 502 or the 572... :D

i didn't go with chrome because they get that rainbow effect with heat. The jet Hot coating doesn't do that. The rainbow colored headers look like crap.

Proper tuning keeps it from 'rainbowing'. I love the 4" pipes on the C3 but don't care for them on the C2. IMHO

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom