Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Corvette Seats

B

Blackened

What are the best corvette seats, comfort wise and hold you in seat when pullings g's wise. I have no idea but to me when taking a corner it seems that the ZR-1s seats have the biggest side bolsters on any vette to date. Comfort I'm probably gonna say the new C6 seats. When I look at the new Z06 seats they just look like they won't hold you in too well compared to the ZR-1. What do you guys think?

I don't believe the ZR1 seats were any different than the regular Corvette "sport" seats. From what I've heard, the 1994-96 Lear seats were more comfortable. Beats me, though... :)

1994 & 1995 ZR-1 Sport Seats

I had a 1996 LT4 which had the Sport Seats with adjustable side supports & back lumbars. I'm pretty sure every 94 & 95 ZR-1 had the Sport Seats with the adjustable side supports & back lumbars.

Call me bias, but I think they were the best Corvette seat until I drove the new Z06.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I haven't had many corvettes. Just two, a 72 and my 90 Z. The seats in my 90 a sooo much better than the 72's seats. The best bucket seat I ever sat in for comfort first and holding power second were the Racarro's that came in my 88 T-bird sport. The one thing I liked about the seats in my C3 was the way the shoulder harness belt came out of the seat back instead of over the seat back. You couldn't hang yourself with it if you needed the shoulder belt. The 90's seats were way comfortable on the ride to BG in june.

JMHO
Tom

OK to be more specific I was talking about the 1990 ZR-1 seats not the 94-95 ones, but they do look comfortable too. How are the C5 seats?

1989-1993 Sport Seats are IMO, the best!

I have ridden in a new Z06 and they are close - and may prove over time to be better - For now though, 89-93 Sport is for me :cool

(FWIW, "zr1 seats" are no different than other Sport Seats from the same year(s) )

Thanks, is there a difference between the sport and normal leather seats besides the bubble things? Are the side bolsters bigger, does this have a wide range of people it will fit or just skinny people?

Maybe the fat lady has sung, but that doesn't mean there isn't another around the bend. Beating dead horses being my specialty, I drove to Carlisle in my 71 and the seat was bearable as in I didn't need to go into traction, almost but not quite. The 90 Z I have in my sights has great seats (in my 1/2 hour test drive) once you're in them, its the gettin' in and out that's the challenge. The best seats bar none in my car ownership life were in a S6 Audi uber wagon I got rid of this past January w/90,000 miles + of seat time. The Alcantra inserts ( a fancy teutonic name for suede cloth ) kept me glued no matter the speed at which I was navigating twisties and were comfortable beyond description.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom