Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Ever Road Trip

fastwillie said:
As we head into our fourth day in a row of snow and flurries
here in the Twin Cities, it sure is nice to read some road stories
and see pictures of Vettes near green grass and trees (with
leaves on them even!). This is why I will enjoy the CAC forums
as winter just wisks by. See, I'm better already.

Is it Easter yet?

Hey fastwillie,

Welcome to the CAC. I have a pile of friends that live in the Shoreview area just down the road from you.

Remo:cool

6 Shooter said:
Remo - Your going to have him vote for Silver! ;LOL

I think Remo has some sort of conspiracy going on here And we need to check some IP addressee here. :L

Lake Superior Circle Tour - Michigan into Ontario then Minnesota, Wisconsin and back into Michigan.
Beautiful scenery, friendly people. Good times!

circletour.JPG

I think I saw Bob and Mac and '78 Canuck, but since I was in my C5 I REFUSED to wave. SUCKERS!!! hahahaha

Everytime I get the Vette out of the garage is the best road trip.

And out here it's almost every day. It's Sat morning so we are off to the Vette shop gathering for coffee and donuts.
:D :beer :w :_rock :lou

Winter Med Break Through

Patrick said:
Okay, Remo has worked winter tricks on us, and got us squabbling about driving C5s in winter conditions. We need to something positive to restore the good vibes around here.

Note to Remo- you are officially prohibited from starting threads with "unacceptable subjects" which will result in further squabbling of the CAC members until your car is out of its winter storage at Guy's garage. "Unacceptable subjects" includes the following:
-Which is better: Automatic or Manual Transmissions?
-Zaino or Meguiars: Which do you use?
-Any debate about the best color for a Corvette.
-And your all time favorite, Remo, Oil & Oil Filters: which brand do you use?

Bad Remo, very bad. We're onto your tricks, and if we find, Remo, that you have started a thread just to sit back and derive amusement from the fireworks that ensue, Tammy, Jim and I will be coordinating with Guy to fit you with a straight-jacket, and up your meds to a dosage sufficient to keep you catatonic until the March thaw in New England.!

:w
-Patrick

Not wanting to cause a lot of stress for the CAC general population due to my winter crankiness - I've been experimenting with various substances in an effort to improve my condition. Heres the latest combination which seems like its working:
  • (1) 150 mil. Prozac
  • (1) 150 mil. Effexor XR
  • (3) oz. Techron fuel additive
  • (12) oz. Deit Coke
It's definetly working because I love everybody, even those Millenium Yellow Corvette people.

Remo:crazy

Remo said:
It's definetly working because I love everybody, even those Millenium Yellow Corvette people.

Remo:crazy

If it is working are you coming over to the MY side? :w

Patrick said:
I'd have to say my best (favorite) road trip was day two of our Colorado Caravan to Cruisefest this past summer. We started day two from Columbia, Missouri, and that morning, met up with Tom and Rose from Kansas. After breakfast, the five of us hit I-70 east, a big line of moving cool :cool and began our trek to Bowling Green.

The best part had to be when we hit St. Louis, and Tom got a picture of us all going by the St. Louis Arch.

The weather could not have been better for us, everyone's Corvettes performed great, no one got lost, and we even beat 67 Heaven to Bowling Green.

Let's hear some others!

-Patrick

You guys were in Columbia, and didn't give me a yell? :cry

Glad you had a safe trip. Eastbound I-70 between here and KC has some of the worst stretches of interstate (pot hole wise) in the country.

6 Shooter said:
I think he's starting to lose control! ;LOL

If Remo starts buying cans of Yellow Spray paint "LOOK OUT"!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl

PreacherNutshot said:
You guys were in Columbia, and didn't give me a yell? :cry

Glad you had a safe trip. Eastbound I-70 between here and KC has some of the worst stretches of interstate (pot hole wise) in the country.

Sorry, PreacherNutshot. We sort of blew in and out in a hurry.

The potholes were certainly noticeable, but for me, the worst part of the trip between KC and Columbia had to be the big 18-wheel truckers who would go in long caravan lines and then hold up the flow of traffic for miles behind them when the truck in the rear changed lanes and moved to get to the head of the line. Talk about frustrating- no sooner had you gotten beyond one truck, and waited for him to change lanes to get out of your way than the one in front of him would change lanes right in front of you. It was definately not my favorite part of the trip.

I will say this, though- at least Missouri had some terrain to it. Kansas is 500+ miles of nuthin' that goes by awful slowly when you can only do 72 MPH without worrying about meeting a representative of the KSP. I swear, of all the cars that passed our little caravan, it was only the ones with out of state plates that ever got pulled over on I-70.

Even with those less than enjoyable parts, the Caravan out to Bowling and Green and back was one of the best road trips I've ever done.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom