Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best launching technique

M

MilYellow2000

I am going to my first 1/4 mile and try my hand, but wanted to see what rpm, clutch release technique, traction control on/off/competition driving was the best combination for the best launch.
2000 coupe, 6 speed, Black wing, ripper shifter,borla, dyno 379hp at the crank.
Thanks,
Ken

good question. I'll be watching for a reply also.

Ken, welcome to the CACC. We've got a few drag racers out there who will probably share their experience.

In my limited experience, I have learned that the traction control needs to be off for any kind of hard acceleration. I also try to launch at 2000 RPM, too much more and the rear tires spin way too much. I'm still working on my launch technique, so take the above advice with a grain of salt.:)

Jason

Also what setting would you use with the F45. Some say the preformance setting is correct and some say the tour is preferable because it allows the weight to be distributed more easily to the rear wheels. Any other thoughts about the F45 would also be appreciated. Thanks. Michael

i've found that ur launch rpm depends on if ur at the track or on the street. if ur at the strip and u don't have a pair of slicks on the f-1 offer very little traction, from my experience launching at 1500 rpm and riding the clutch out gave me my best results,
13.3's at 108 mph. on the street 2200 rpm launch works well. and keep the TC off.

The cartest program says (once I configured it properly) that the optimum launch with a manual is to rev it up to about 1500 RPM and dump the clutch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom