Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Paint Color

Corvette
87 Callaway Cpe 87-070 & 68 Cpe 427, 4spd A/C
Everyone knows and it has been acknowledged that there are paint issues on the new C7. It seems that the industry has now coined the phrase "Paint Texture" to cover that inability to properly paint a car using "Water Based Color Coat"

So my question is this, is there a color or color that mask this problem better than others. The car I have is Torch Red and it seems to be one of the worst fro bringing out the "Paint Texture"

Idea's

Everyone knows and it has been acknowledged that there are paint issues on the new C7. It seems that the industry has now coined the phrase "Paint Texture" to cover that inability to properly paint a car using "Water Based Color Coat"

So my question is this, is there a color or color that mask this problem better than others. The car I have is Torch Red and it seems to be one of the worst fro bringing out the "Paint Texture"

Idea's

"Paint Texture" is the new orange peel huh? Kind of like "Hash Tag" and pound.

Either way, I have always found orange peel to be less offensive on lighter colored vehicles, but you can still see it. White would probably be the best choice if you have to have orange peel, but I do know that I would not settle for either. Good luck on your choice. :)

Well thats just crap. I am a paint chemist, and orange peel is orange peel. What I've seen wouldn't get out of my lab. I've got to go look at a new C7 now; but its hard to understand how redefining a defect works. If my new cr looked like what I've seen at delivery..I'd refuse to take the car and force Chevrolet to give me my money back.

Idea's

I saw a black C7 at my local dealer and, without having heard about the paint issues, thought it didn't look right. Now I know why. A silver C7 did look better.

Didn't someone say the metal flake colors were coming out better......Blade Silver, Night Race Blue, Cyber Grey and Lime Rock Green. Also the tintcoats may be working better also. Laguna Blue, Velocity Yellow and Crystal Red. The only ones with out are Torch Red ,Black and Arctic White. Are there a lot of complaints on the other Forums about overall paint quality and which colors are worse...?

The same colors that are oranged pealed coming out of Bowling Green are great coming out of other plants on other models. It ain't the paint. It's the BG process. Think how bad it would be if BG was a volume facility.

Sorry about previous post - it's in the wrong place.
The site won't allow me to edit or delete.

I can delete it though. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom