Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best place to buy interior ?

T

tak

Bought my first Vette, an 82. Very solid and straight body but the interior is showing it's age so I'll be replacing it. The car is red with a grey interior now but I'm going to switch it to red.
Where is the best place to get everything? Looking for best quality and price. I have books form Mid American Motorworks, Eklers, and been online with Corvette America. Some offer package deals, some don't.
I will be replacing carpet, door panels,seat skins, steering wheel, and so on.... also, how does the paint/dye hold up on the hard plastic pieces( windshield post, etc.) ?,,,so what's everyone opinions and experiences with the different companies ?

All help is appriciated!!!!!!!!!THANKS

the fellow I bought my '81 from bought a front carpet set from corvette central.They fit pretty well when I finally got to install them...I will probably get my rear carpets from them when the time comes.

Take a carpet from All Knoch or Willcox, best there is for a Corvette!

Groeten Peter.

I bought mine from Wilcox a couple months ago, great price and appears to be great quality. I put the rear pieces in a couple nights ago and they fit and look great.

i am replacing the entire interior from wall to wall, ceiling to floor (including the entire dash, etc). i bought EVERYTHING from willcox. it wasn't even close as far as cost, quality of product (they supply product from all the major manufacturers), or service in my opinion. they saved me a ton of $$ on the entire "package". they are a chevy dealership (in addition to a parts and equipment supplier). you won't be dissapointed if you use them. i suggest that you definitely compare product and pricing. i doubt you will decide to use anyone else for your parts.

i have been completely satisfied with my experience.

steve

I've also heard good things about Wilcox and especially Knoch.

The one piece of advice I can give is too all your pieces parts from the same vendor, especially carpet, as different vendors will sometimes have slight discrepancies in carpet color. "Not all are the same black/red/oyester/gray/etc..."

I have purchased many interior pieces from Al Knock and have always been pleased with their fit and quality. I have tried some other cheaper but the fit and finish was lousy so I returned virtually every part. Sometimes the money you spend is worth it and interior pieces are a good example.

You are going to have to look at them every time you get into the car. If they look like crap they will always look like crap. That would drive me crazy, plus the fact that installing them is a nightmare. Don't try to save a nickel on parts it is cheaper to buy better quality in the long run. From experience I prefer Dr Rebuild for most parts and Al Knoch for interior parts. Dr Rebuild may use Al Knoch interior parts but I don't know.

I bought Al Knoch for my 69 and very satisfied. Lots of pieces ,LOTS more than you'd think for a car the size of a Vett.

Checked with Willcox and really like the package deals. I will however be dying(painting) the back quarter pieces and the piece between the t-tops, plus other small items. My question is, does the spray can dye really hold up or can I look forward to peeling eventually ?

My question is, does the spray can dye really hold up or can I look forward to peeling eventually ?
Is it really dye if you have to spray it??? :confused

So far the parts of my interior I did with the spray dye are holding up fine. Some pieces were done about two years ago. I prepped everything by cleaning with denatured alcohol first.

So far the parts of my interior I did with the spray dye are holding up fine. Some pieces were done about two years ago. I prepped everything by cleaning with denatured alcohol first.

Do you think all the companies use the same manufacturer for their paints(dye)?

Who's product has everyone used ?

The charcoal grey interior that I got from Al Knoch 6 years ago fit well for installation, but it's turning green in areas of high sunlight exposure. On the tunnel side covers for example.

I have a Black 62 Vette

I used dye from Corvette America. It has their name on the can, but it can very well originate from the same place as all the suppliers.

Denatured alcohol makes all the difference in the world.

I did all the parts on my old C3 and the paint held up great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom