Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best place to get new front and side grill screens

Rat Race

A guy at a Vette show recomended West Coast Corvette. Dont know if i like the style of grill. I think I like like like a criss cross pattern, like maybe a smaller version of a 67 GTO grill screen. Know what I mean? Can any of you steer me in the right direction? Just want to compare all before I buy.

Thanks, Rich

A guy at a Vette show recomended West Coast Corvette. Dont know if i like the style of grill. I think I like like like a criss cross pattern, like maybe a smaller version of a 67 GTO grill screen. Know what I mean? Can any of you steer me in the right direction? Just want to compare all before I buy.

Thanks, Rich

Just a thought here but did you check out the 'GM' version that is available through any Chevrolet Parts Dept??

Just go to any Chevy web site and click your way to the accessories page and reduce your search to 'Corvette'...GM offers their grills right through parts and they are the 'criss-cross' web pattern you may be looking for...

Thanks fellas, I will check both out. Stinger, you enjoying yer car yet?

Oh Ya!! Enjoying at a pace though...still trying to convince myself I did the right thing here...had I not driven a C6 a couple of weeks ago, I would not have made this very expensive change :confused

Did you find a Chevy web site that displays those grills you are looking for??

Here is another place to check out...if its not listed, contact them as they have it all for much less than most!

http://stores.ebay.com/VI-SPEED-YOUR-CORVETTE-CONNECTION_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Thanks, Rich

Check out this site...

http://www.racemeshgrilles.com/index.htm

Today I stopped by WCC and let me tell you, they have very very ridiculous prices. My car is a vette, NOT an Enzo or Lambo and I don't see why I do have to fill someone else pokets with green. Couple examples:
Chrome rims exchange - for a C6 is @ $814.00 with mounting, balance and tax. Found a shop specializing only in rims, 3X chrome plating with 3 years warranty = $95 each rim = $380 + mounting and balance @ 80 bucks at the local shop.
Regarding the wire mesh, check this out. McMaster.com
They have whatever you want, any size you want, stainless steel 304 & 316, etc.etc. You just cut to size and you will save a bundle......for the next Z07

Z06 Side-Cove Inserts

I have a 2007 Atomic Orange Coupe on order.

While shopping, I noticed the 2007 Z06 has Black Ribbed Side-Cove Inserts. I'm not sure if the Body Panels and Side-Coves are the same size on the Z06 and Coupe. But -

Has anyone tried to purchase or install the Z06 Side-Cove Inserts into a 2006 Standard Coupe?

If so what was your experience, P/N, comparison to Screen Inserts?

Also, with the Screen or Mesh Inserts, how do they fasten/fit?
And are these removeable for cleaning?

The Side-Coves do look unfinished without some type of trim.

Thanks,
Laxdad

Today I stopped by WCC and let me tell you, they have very very ridiculous prices. My car is a vette, NOT an Enzo or Lambo and I don't see why I do have to fill someone else pokets with green. Couple examples:
Chrome rims exchange - for a C6 is @ $814.00 with mounting, balance and tax. Found a shop specializing only in rims, 3X chrome plating with 3 years warranty = $95 each rim = $380 + mounting and balance @ 80 bucks at the local shop.
Regarding the wire mesh, check this out. McMaster.com
They have whatever you want, any size you want, stainless steel 304 & 316, etc.etc. You just cut to size and you will save a bundle......for the next Z07
Heck,that's nothing! I was quoted (over the phone) a price of $1000 for a set of used Z06 tires & wheels. I drove 150 miles to get there and the price was now $1500. They lost a sale (and a customer.) I even talked to the same guy I talked to on the phone. (Thanks for wasting my day,Fred.) Yes,I even talked to his boss about this.

Point is: Don't believe anything from the mouths of WCC.

I put on side cove mesh with the actual GM part purchased from the local Chevy dealer. I have the front matching mesh grill from GM purchased from Mid-America in Effingham,IL. They did a great installation job and the price was fair and reasonable.

Check out the Euro Grille sold at Corvette Central or Ecklers.

It is the round hole type and looks great.

Here is the main website. Lots of pictures.

www.c4dhr.com

Happy New Year
:beer

Problem with these grilles is, nobody tells you that you are going to lose airflow. Best would be to install any aftermarket grille but also eliminate the oem grille.

I ordered mine from www.gmpartsdirect.com if I remember right they where $120 shipped. What they dont tell you when you order them is they charge you shipping on both boxes. Instead of putting them in one box and charging one shipping price.

I went this way because I wanted the original GM look along with the quality.

To answer your question IMO I like the criss-cross pattern.

Problem with these grilles is, nobody tells you that you are going to lose airflow. Best would be to install any aftermarket grille but also eliminate the oem grille.

There is no airflow problem with the Euro Grille. What you need to take in consideration is the size or the mesh or holes in the grille. if the holes are too big, like the mesh, you risk rocks, and other road trash hitting your rad. ( It's a big expense to replace it)

In my opinion, the Euro Grille is very strong and has holes small enough to stop rocks and other items from entering the rad. At the same time the placement of the holes will not prevent air flow to the rad.

;)

Willycool,
The problem is not airflow, it is "restricted airflow" because you are putting something in front of the radiator. And, the Euro Grille restrict more air than a stainless steel mesh due to those small holes.

Willycool,
The problem is not airflow, it is "restricted airflow" because you are putting something in front of the radiator. And, the Euro Grille restrict more air than a stainless steel mesh due to those small holes.

I am sorry but I do not agree. There is more open area with the Euro Grille than with the mesh type. The Euro Grille has a flat surface area and the mesh grilles have an uneven surface. The uneven surface would tend to deflect air flow in all directions, were the flat surface with round holes in close proximity would allow for a more uniformed air flow with mimimun deflection. That is why they make jet engine intakes round and even and not any other uneven shape.

:)

RE: Airflow

I installed the type with the round holes and spray painted them black. Actually I think they were hexagonal. I got them from McMaster.com for about $20 a sheet. You can specify any ratio of hole size you want. Mine have 86% air passage. You can probably plug in the 20 ga screens on their website and compare areflow.

For me, 86% translates to 3 degrees cooling loss with my particular setup.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom