Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best stuff to safely remove paint overspray???

silversport

Corvette
2001 QuickSilver Coupe
I had some damage repaired and there is a little bit of overspray on the black plastic side of the mirror glass, some black plastic window trim and a black plastic clip. I have tried a few things to no avail and don't want to damage the repair or the items underneath the overspray.
Thanks,
Bill

Easy, get some detailing clay and start rubbing. Sometimes it takes several strokes to see progress but once you notice it working it really cleans up - pardon the pun. The clay will not hurt your paint unless you trap something gritty under the claybar. You will have to rewax where you clay. It is intended for hard surfaces only but, if you keep the surface really wet I've had good success on rubber and neoprene weatherstripping. No sweat.

Mike

Whenever I use a claybar I use carwashing liquid directly as the lubricant instead of detailing spray.

I did try claybar without success but I think I will give it another go. Thanks.
Bill

'Nuthin' doin'...it didn't even budge the color...anyone have any other ideas???
Thanks,
Bill

If the claybar didn't do it, what you have is not on top of the paint. Take it to a body shop have someone look at it. Maybe it could be color sanded and buffed out with a rotatry buffer. If you choose a detail shop to do this be careful. When I had my shop in college, I can't tell you how many botched jobs I fixed because some chump said "yea, I can do that," having never tried it before. It is serious business when you start color sanding anything. Your safest bet, if you don't have confidence in your detailer is to let a body shop do it. They usually don't charge much as there isn't a whole lot in volved as far as they are concerned.

Personally I would take the car back to the Bozos that painted it in the first place and have them remove their mistake.:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom