Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport best year to buy

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.
just wondering if there is a bad year any major issue or changes made to make one better then the other

Nothing that I've heard of. Biggest issue for me was that the early C6 GS's didn't have MagRide as an option. Later GS's could be bought with MagRide.

Nearly bought one after MagRide was added but didn't. Glad I didn't as I got the 427 Vert instead and it got MagRide and the big engine.

just wondering if there is a bad year any major issue or changes made to make one better then the other

There's really not much difference in this group of Corvettes. It will depend on your budget.

Elaine

I would avoid the 2005 because of the ugly trunk/roof antenna... :chuckle

You get used to it! I recently bought another 2005 DSOM convertible (had a twin to it for 5 years).

Besides, he is looking for a used Grand Sport C6.

Elaine

You get used to it! I recently bought another 2005 DSOM convertible (had a twin to it for 5 years).

Besides, he is looking for a used Grand Sport C6.

Elaine

I think it's quite a statement that that was the worst thing I could think of...:L

A similar question was asked of Will Cooksey who was, at the time, the assembly plant manager for the Corvette. It was asked about the C4. His answer was "the last year". He went on to qualify his statement by saying that the Corvette is a "work in progress with changes and upgrades happening all the time" and that by the time you get to the last year of a particular generation, "we've got the car pretty will figured out". I would assume this would apply to any generation Corvette.

Better seats in 2012

I did some research before buying mine and waited until the 2012 model year. They made some improvements to the seats and mine are very comfortable. I do not think the 2012 models really added anything, aside from being the last year of the C6.

" I do not think the 2012 models really added anything, aside from being the last year of the C6."

I hope he meant 2013. But even so - I think the 2013 427 Convertible is quite a big thing. :w

Attachments

• P1070543.jpg
    P1070543.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 108
I'd get the improved seats, which means a 2012 or 13.

you could buy 3 or 4 C4's for the same $, seems they are almost free :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom