Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BF Goodrich g-Force K/A KDW-2's

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2's

Any of you Z06 guys tried these out yet?
If yes - how do you like them so far?
Remo:cool
bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

I'll be honest with you, Remo, before you posted a picture of those in THIS THREAD, I had never heard of these G-Force K/A KDW's. I'd be very interested in a road report from someone who's gone with these, themselves.

-Patrick

I'll be honest with you, Remo, before you posted a picture of those in THIS THREAD, I had never heard of these G-Force K/A KDW's. I'd be very interested in a road report from someone who's gone with these, themselves.

-Patrick

Patrick,

Here's a shot of Tony Wayman's 2000 Vert, a friend from over on the CF. He's been running g-Force tires
for a while and loves them. He reports good wear, great stick and much...much quieter then the GY runflats.
Reasonably priced and lots of sizes.

ifrear.jpg

-Patrick

I like the look, but they don't come in stock C5 sizes. At least I didn't see them on www.TireRack.com .

:w
Guy

BF Goodrich T/A g-Force KDW-2's

My new tires came in from Tire Rack and they
look evil. I have an appointment with the
local Chevy dealer next week to get them
mounted on my new Z06 chrome wheels.
bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

BF Goodrich T/A g-Force KDW-2's

Another look at the tread pattern on
these nasty looking tires.
bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci1_l.jpg

I've heard that the BF Goodrich tires are a hard compound and give a really harsh ride. I didn't like the Good Year F1 Supercar tires that came OEM on my '03 Z06. I checked around and finally had Michelinn Pilot Sport PS2's installed. They give a really nice ride and handle well on dry/wet pavement. I can't really confirm the wet pavement because I'v never experienced that yet.

I've heard that the BF Goodrich tires are a hard compound and give a really harsh ride.

bwing - that may be true but beleive me anything will be an improvement over the OEM EMT F1 "runflats". They make so much noise that they disturb the people in the car next to you. And talk about a harsh ride - the side walls are designed to hold up at zero inflation. I think it's safe to say that the KDW-2's will be an improvement.

QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

BF Goodrich

Remo,

I agree with you 100%, any tire will be an improvement over the run-flats in harsh ride and noise. My Z06 does not come with run-flats. I was referring to my experience with the OEM Good Year's that, in my opinion, gave the car a harsh ride and an awful lot of interior noise. Since changing over to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's those two annoyances have almost been eliminated. I would recommend the Michelin's over BF Goodrich in any case though.

I love these tires, got'em on my 70 Monte. Hey Remo, what king of chrome Z06 wheels did you buy? What do they weigh compared to stock? The reason I'm asking is that if you got aftermarket steel/chrome wheels, not polished or painted aluminum, they dramatically affect the performance of the car, negatively. Lingenfelter does'nt throw on HRE's for nothin'. Heavy chrome wheels look great but they suck performance wise.

I love these tires, got'em on my 70 Monte. Hey Remo, what king of chrome Z06 wheels did you buy? What do they weigh compared to stock? The reason I'm asking is that if you got aftermarket steel/chrome wheels, not polished or painted aluminum, they dramatically affect the performance of the car, negatively. Lingenfelter does'nt throw on HRE's for nothin'. Heavy chrome wheels look great but they suck performance wise.

Diesel,

Yes they are aftermarket steel/chrome. I'm not sure what the overall weight difference is but given the horsepower I'm running I don't think it's going to have a major effect on the performance envelope. I got the tires and wheels mounted
on Wednesday and they look great. I need to get some pictures posted. I'll try to get it done today.

QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

will the sizes closest to stock fit? i need 275-40 zr18 and 245-45 zr17. all they had was 275-35 zr18 and 245-40 zr17. will these fit? please advise.
thanks ya'll!

Hey redvette, those sizes will fit, they have just a slightly lower profile. And Remo, when you are ready, bolt on a good set of 2 or 3 piece alum. wheels, you'll be amazed at the difference in feel. Unsprung weight affects the car much more than sprung. Anyone out there know the formula for unsprung weight vs. sprung? By the way, turtle wax chrome polish is awsome. And after you polish'em, wax'em to keep the elements out. Most chrome wheels out there are of suspect quality, so to keep them at their best, the polish/wax combo is essential. I learned from experience, had a set rust and peel in just one season that I did'nt maintain properly.

Go to www.tirerack.com then to survey results/ ultra high performance summer. There are many owners that love them. I believe that will be my next set for track days.

Updating the thread. Here's a shot of my car with the KDW-2 tires. Much
stickier an a lot less noise than the Goodyear Runflats.
spring07.JPG

Objects in the mirrors......tend to disappear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom