Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BF Goodrich g/force KDW's

R

rph b/b 01

Is anyone running the BF Goodrich g/force KDW's ? I need new rear tires and I want to get rid of the Goodyears. I would like any input on the KDW's & KDWSSS ( run flats ). Ride , noise, tire wear, grip, etc... Thanks in advance!!!

rph! hi. I run the kdws and can say they are v.good tires:$, value, overall logevity. However, they aren't the run flats; I didn't know the bf goods kdws had A run flat version. If you look at tirerack.com, they have a scale chart and comparison tables on all the brands they carry. I got all 4 kdws new delivered at my home for 500-600: can't remember. I took the tires/rims to a center for mount /bal, and put them on my vet myself. saved about 100. oo good luck!! lester

Thanks for the info Lester. Did you buy a air pump and plug kit just in case? I heard you can buy the Z06 kit from the dealer. I was wondering what all it included and $. Buy the way did you notice a decrease in road noise and a smoother ride with the KDW's ?

rph b/b 01 said:
I heard you can buy the Z06 kit from the dealer. I was wondering what all it included and $.

The internal cost of the repair and inflation kit is $480.00 for a Z06. It comes with a big can of "fix a flat" and a pump that hooks up to your power port to pump the tire back up. :(

I put the g-force kdws's on my '95 last fall. I like them much better thatn the Goodyear GSC's. Its my daily driver and the tires seem to stick as well as the gsc's did on dry(if not better) and handle well in rain and the chicago snow. Mine are not run flats by the way.

on my 99 C5 running non runflat michelins I just ran a 10 dollar air pump from K mart or target..maybe 20 dollars..and a 2 dollar plug kit from the same stores..

Threw it in the trunk and never thought about it.

When I traded in the car this past year I left it for the new owner..

Thats what I would recommend as well as the obvious cell phone coverage...

Your good to go!

DUmp the run flats and never look back! The handling feel is that much improved..

24 lbs of unsprung weight dropped with that and the normal theory is mulitiply by 4 I believe to approximate the performance improvement as compared to dropping static vehicle weight..

So its feels like you dropped a hundred pounds off the car.. supposedly.... ;)

I remember the car felt lighter...smaller.. easier and smoother..

Good luck!

And for what its worth..remember to stay stock sizes on stock rims...JMO but I think the general skimped on wheel sizing not leaving much room for us according to tire rack to go wider on stock rims..

My dad put a set of the regular, non run-flat Goodyear F1's on his '98 PC... the car rides much better, and the tires should last much longer. I had the regular F1's on my old '93... I could have easily had 50k miles out of them... You can't even compare the runflats Vs. the regular F1's

Sorry, i've been away. I did purchase the plug kit and k mart compressor when I had my stock run-flats..My left front went down, the alarm said hello?! I pulled over and plugged it and pumped back up. All in about 20 min. Drove the car another 10k before buying the kdws. Found out later that "your not supposed to plug the run flats" Yeah right! So if I get another flat, I just have to fix it before the tire hits the pavement: the main adv on run flats I guess? They handle better and are v. quiet Rick. Are a bargain when you compare$ Good luck again! les

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom