Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Big news in the coming hours

paul67 said:
What can I say except you have excellent choice in color! Seriously though, that is a very pretty car. I am sure it will give you many hours of driving fun. (I would have kept the black fuzzy dice.) Be well, enjoy!

Thanks Paul, I would have preferred to keep the dice, but the seller also had a 56 Corvette ( which is not for sale ) and asked that he be able to keep the dice for the other car. He filled up the gas tank on both the Corvette, and my other vehicle, so who was I to argue the fact.

Stepinwolf

Congrats! Very nice find! :beer

Rich

Congratulations on the new ride Bob, looks good, the video's worked out great. Did you take on any water??? Or should I have said "how much water did you take on" :) Have fun with it.

I was just kidding about the fuzzy dice. I've hung mine up in the garage for this season. I was just reading about the floods in Cowansville. That must have been quite a hairy drive!

Congrats, Bob! Great looking ride!

:w
Guy

stepinwolf said:
Thanks Paul, I would have preferred to keep the dice, but the seller also had a 56 Corvette ( which is not for sale ) and asked that he be able to keep the dice for the other car. He filled up the gas tank on both the Corvette, and my other vehicle, so who was I to argue the fact.

Stepinwolf

How come I never find sellers like that,

Best of luck with the new car, Looks like a great find find,

I hope you dont lose intrest in the the SR111 project now that you have have what you call a driver,

What a great find! I am sure you will have a great driving season. It is a fantastic feeling trying to determine what ride you will be taking on any given evening.

Ray

BEAUTIFUL car Bob! congrats on the new ride. :beer:

now you have a very hard decision to make on nice days: "darn, what vette do I take out for a spin today, the beautiful red 'vert or the gorgeous green coupe?!"
I should have such problems as not being able to decide which midyear to take out on any given day! :)

All the best luck with your new car, I'm sure you will enjoy the h*ll out of it.

Wow! Deja-vu all over again. Goodwood 427 with white stinger, Cragars. radiused rear wheel openings.......if it had headreast seats, chrome Hooker sidepipes, and everything that could be unbolted under the hood was chromed it would be a twin to my '67 coupe when I bought it. Nice car. Congrats.

Tom

paul67 said:
I thought that I had the only 1967 Goodwood Green coupe left ;) .

They are not all gone Paul. Here's a couple of Duntov Award cars from this weekends NCRS Indiana Regional.

Tom

The car looks great Robert!

Do you plan on doing anything to the vette or just driving it and enjoying it?

Take care,
Brian

Thanks Tom. Those are very nice looking 1967s. I was being facetious about green but it nevers fails at a cruise day that someone will comment on how unusual that colour is for a Corvette. I suspect that many ended up red.

I'mAVettehead said:
Congratulations on the new ride Bob, looks good, the video's worked out great. Did you take on any water??? Or should I have said "how much water did you take on" :) Have fun with it.

JW, Funny thing you mention the water thing, because no sooner then the deal was done, the first thing I asked him was how bad it leaked, and he said, " not a drop ". Well believe it or not, not only did it not leak a drop, after three hours in the pouring rain, the only drops that entered the car, were from my open drivers side window, that I had rolled all the way down.

When I finally got it into the garage, I ran my hand under the dash area, all around the main windshield, and over the complete carpet, and nothing at all as far as water is concerned. Had I not done so myself, I would not have believed it.

Stepinwolf

IH2LOSE said:
How come I never find sellers like that,

Best of luck with the new car, Looks like a great find find,

I hope you don't lose interest in the the SR111 project now that you have have what you call a driver,

Glad you mentioned the SRIII project, because there has been a change there also. A couple of weeks ago a customer brought in a 63 coupe to have the complete suspension upgraded ( check pic ) using the same parts as were installed on my red convertible. As we were discussing the various options, he started to show a lot of interest in the other 63 ( the SR III project ) that is in the garage. Well to make a long story short, I sold him the car , on the spot, and now will be completing the restoration for him, on his payroll. Can't beat that.

However this is now being built on a new Corvette frame, and not on the SRIII frame that I just purchased.

up.JPG

What has this to do with the story, well the SRIII frame will now be installed under the 67 coupe along with the 5 speed " Tremec " ( he is having his built with an automatic ), and to finish off this new venture, I will purchase another 572 to use in the 67 coupe. Now how does that grab you. ! :D

Stepinwolf

61 Silver said:
What a great find! I am sure you will have a great driving season. It is a fantastic feeling trying to determine what ride you will be taking on any given evening.

Ray

For the coming months, I am sure I wil be concentrating my driving using the new big block coupe.

Stepinwolf

67HEAVEN said:
I'm getting dizzy. :W

I think I'll give up working for a living and start playing with Corvettes full-time like my friend, Robert. ;)

:upthumbs

I know how you feel Bob, why the héll do you think I did exactly that. ! :cool

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom