Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Billy Boat PRT

Trans Am...Highway Wonderland (thank you Sammy Hagar!). My first car was a 1979 Trans Am (oddly enough in 1979). I loved that car so much. East Bound and Down good buddy!

Whats this trans-am guy doing here?Don't they have their own forum somewhere?Just asking?;shrug

He's one of your Moderators... Just because he's showing a Trans Am doesn't mean he's not a Corvette guy. Sometimes situations don't allow us to have a Corvette. Kane is no "poser".

And I would add that the only reason Johnny (KANE) doesn't currently own a Corvette is that it isn't the most practical vehicle when you're raising small children. Johnny has been a Corvette owner for years, most recently his lovingly restored '78.

My brother-in-law recently purchased a '99 and the previous owner installed a Billy Boat PRT on it about 1500 miles ago. His wife, my sister-in-law, does not care for the loud exhaust. So he's selling it. He offered to sell it to me for $500.

Should I "Deal", or "No Deal"?

Help me decide!

;help

When I bought my 2000 it had a new set of Billy Boat Bullets on it and I took them off. They sat in my garage for over three years and a week ago, I dug them out and put them back on. They are a little loud but it makes the car more fun to drive. Also, at cruise they are quiet. I would take him up on the offer and keep your old mufflers in case you change your mind. You can always resell them.

And if he is offering you the car for $500, take it. :cool

And I would add that the only reason Johnny (KANE) doesn't currently own a Corvette is that it isn't the most practical vehicle when you're raising small children. Johnny has been a Corvette owner for years, most recently his lovingly restored '78.

I would say to Johnny and others in a similar situation, I have known many who sold the Vette to raise kids and regretted it. If you can handle the cost, keep the Vette as a second car, store it, do what you can to hang on to it. It's no accident that so many guys later in life spend a lot of time trying to run down a Vette like they used to drive.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom