Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bilstein FX-3 shock rebuild price increase

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Sent my four shocks to rebuilt expecting a $55.00 charge for a seal repair on each shock.Bill from Bilstein called today and it is now $100.00 each on seals!Quite an increase,huh?

It didn't make my day.Keep it in mind if you wanna have yours repaired.

Bill also seemed to want to talk me out of having the job done,not pushy or anything like that,but *really*wanted me to consider just buying new shocks.

Maybe Bilstein offers the rebuild service,but they don't really *want *to do it.Hmmmm....

BTW,I did not opt for revalving,I didn't want the ride to jar my teeth out like some Vettes can (gotta love 'em though)

Oh,and three busted actuators.Might as well buy four ya know.:hb

Sounds silly, but I would actually welcome these problems. That is only one of two options my car is missing. (the other is the low tire sensors) One day I might actually try and change over.
;stupid

Well Topless,I can offer you the next best thing.It would be just as though you really did have the FX-3...

You can have my parts bill!!!:s

I would praise your greatness at every Vette gathering!:BOW

rdgfx3-
It would just not be the same. Thanks for the offer though, you are very generous.

-Mike

Anytime Topless.

FX3FX3-yes it would be.You would get the lifetime warranty.However,I was expecting a $220.00 bill vs. an $800.00 for four new shocks.I am getting a $400.00 dollar bill for repair though.When I talked to Bill (from Bilstein)on the phone,I figured I'm still saving $400.00 so I just went with it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom