Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Black Book ?

mvftw

Corvette
'78 Real S/A, L82, 4spd
Did the Black Book add any info about the '78's from year to year? I can pick up a Black Book from 1990 and up for cheap, but I noticed the new one is from 2002, did the info on the '78's change over the years or they just added the newer models?

As far as I know (which is not very far) each new Black book contains new model info and the old model info is not changed. They may have had to correct the occasional error, but I am not aware of any. This makes the older books a great bargain for most of us, and a wise choice for the smart shopper. I bought mine when it was not the latest version, and it has 1997 as the last model. JD

If new information becomes available then the old stuff is updated. Otherwise it just adds on the new model each year. Have seen cases where RPO prices were changed and additional detail info added for the older years.

tom...

What use is a Black Book for your Corvette year? Is it something that all Vette owners should have? What kind of information does it have in it?

Stallion said:
What use is a Black Book for your Corvette year? Is it something that all Vette owners should have? What kind of information does it have in it?
It list the RPO codes for all the years plus engine casting #, suffix codes, head, carb, FI, distributor, and generator numbers. The month ending VINs. The paint and trim codes and number produced (where available).

All in all, it is a very handy quick reference guide for all the Vette years. Not too much on any specific year but a very good overview.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom