Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Black Chrome Wheels

Chris, I will host and link your photos, if you email them to me. I sent you an email with my address.

Thanks---I just tried that (if it doesn't work, I'll try something else). Incidentally, everyone needs to remember that while this thread started with Black Chrome wheels, the wheels I eventually got were ALL black, Z06 style (C5) black POWDERCOAT wheels.

Cheers,

/s/ Chris

Very nice..

Much more street racer than the GS style with chrome lip.

:upthumbs

Hey Chris, Ok now the "RAT" has that slightly, "EVIL" look to it!! :_rock

I've been a Fan of "All BLACK" wheel's since I first saw Nascar Stocker's back in '63....and a number of my car's have had just that, WIDE Black steel wheel's and that's it.

A buddy a mine is building a '75 Vette and it's gonna be BRIGHT Orange, with ONE Black Rally Stripe, L-88 Cowl Hood,Black Interior, REAL Hooker Black Header's/Sidepipes, Black Powder Coated Steel Vette Ralley Wheel's,
He's going for the early 70's RoadRacer on the street look.

Again an AQUIRED Taste! :D

Hey Chris, Ok now the "RAT" has that slightly, "EVIL" look to it!! :_rock

I've been a Fan of "All BLACK" wheel's since I first saw Nascar Stocker's back in '63....and a number of my car's have had just that, WIDE Black steel wheel's and that's it.

A buddy a mine is building a '75 Vette and it's gonna be BRIGHT Orange, with ONE Black Rally Stripe, L-88 Cowl Hood,Black Interior, REAL Hooker Black Header's/Sidepipes, Black Powder Coated Steel Vette Ralley Wheel's,
He's going for the early 70's RoadRacer on the street look.

Again an AQUIRED Taste! :D

Thanks!! I have always loved those Hooker black powdercoated headers/sidepipes. There's an old BF Goodrich poster that I think has them on a '69 with the American Racing Torque Thrust Ds (another favorite of mine). I think what happened for all of us who like this sort of thing is that we were, at some time, interested in/arround race cars and racey cars and we endlessly poured over pictures and models of the ones we liked figuring out why we liked them. So, where we can we try to recreate what we liked on our own cars. I got these from that OE Wheel Distributors place in Sarasota Florida that advertises on Ebay, and it was only by chance that I spotted them going through their Ebay Store. I looked closely, read the description, called them, etc., to make sure that they REALLY were ALL black. Even when they arrived I gingerly opened the box and peeked inside expecting some sort of non-black feature and dissapointment (like those absolutely hideous "black chrome" ones I returned). But, no, they were as advertised. One other thing I like about these wheels is that the all black motif also makes the wheel/tire look bigger, which in turn makes the car look a bit lower (especially in the rear). With the old wheels I sometimes thought of lowering the back a bit, but held off for a variety of reasons. With these wheels I no longer want to tinker with back, which is good, as I really like the way the suspensions in these C4s are set up otherwise. I also talked to Sean and Wendy at Ken's Wheel Service on Harrison Street yesterday and sent them the pictures (this is the Corvette repair place I was telling you about). You should zap by and look them up. Wonderful people! Now, if I can only get that job in San Diego I am looking for my life will be complete!

Cheers,

/s/ Chris

6591scd.jpg

Hey Chris, Here's My Ol' Yeller, on a run of our's out to Stockton Marina for a little get together taken by Good Bud Howie, at 75MPH.....:D

6591scd.jpg

Hey Chris, Here's My Ol' Yeller, on a run of our's out to Stockton Marina for a little get together taken by Good Bud Howie, at 75MPH.....:D

Thanks! I can't open the picture, but I'll re-boot everything and try again in a little while and get back to you (gosh, these pictures are a fussy pain!).

More later,

/s/ Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom