Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Black mounts on deck lid of my 1982

productpedler

Corvette
1982 Silver over Charcoal#1654
corvette rear.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these black mounts are and if they came from the factory on my car?(1982)

Deck mounts for the optional V54 roof panel carrier. Your car left the factory with the V54.
1teaser2.jpg

1980-brchr_5B_a_s.jpg

My 80 L-82 has the V54.
:thumb

Thanks a lot you are spot on. I checked the original window sticker and it is there as an option. $144 addition.:thumb
Deck mounts for the optional V54 roof panel carrier. Your car left the factory with the V54.
1teaser2.jpg

1980-brchr_5B_a_s.jpg

My 80 L-82 has the V54.

...Thanks a lot you are spot on...

Yep.

The next question, is the V54 with your car? All the black plastic goodies go into a vinyl travel bag which hangs from two clips, passenger's side, in the rear storage area. Complete V54s can be difficult to find if you need one, and expensive.

I have them on my 81.I found the racks on one of the forums about10 years ago
But I don't have the bags.
I won't ever use them b/c I don't trust my glass tops on them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have the black vinyl bag strapped in my car but the actual holders are not. Probably wouldn't use them anyway due to appearance.
Yep.

The next question, is the V54 with your car? All the black plastic goodies go into a vinyl travel bag which hangs from two clips, passenger's side, in the rear storage area. Complete V54s can be difficult to find if you need one, and expensive.

I see why so few people ordered them - candid personal opinion only, but aside from the ugly holes, who would trust putting expensive t-tops out there in the elements/thieves, and blocking the rearward view. Glad to see the photo to confirm my concerns. That, and the Gymkahana suspension as vestiges of an earlier era, were seldom ordered and for seeming good reason it seems

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom