Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

blackwing

nlreb54

Corvette
1998 C5 White Coupe
Has anyone had any problems with water getting into the blackwing? I just installed mine and love it but i am worried about water coming into the gap at the hood and dripping into it during a rain.

nlreb54 said:
Has anyone had any problems with water getting into the blackwing? I just installed mine and love it but i am worried about water coming into the gap at the hood and dripping into it during a rain.

Don't worry it can't, I tried to get it wet at the car wash, even with all that pressure it stayed dry.
Plus, I have read that that the airflow over the hood actually PULLS the air from under the hood, not the other way around, so in a nutshell, water won't get in there. Additionally, even if water could get on the filter, there is so much surface area that it would suck air not water, (path of least resistance), almost the whole Blackwing would have to be under water to suck water, if that happened, I'm sure you would notice the depth.

vettepilot

nlreb54 said:

====================================================
There is a rubber seal that is made just for that problem..its cheap and simple...get one...:w

Just ordered it last night. Thanks for the info!

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]====================================================
There is a rubber seal that is made just for that problem..its cheap and simple...get one...:w[/QUOTE]

Woops!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom