Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! blinker problem

billd

Corvette
2001 red convertible, 1985 wht
Hi Guys,

My 2000 has a problem when it is cold and I use the blinker I get a buzzing sound out of the hazard switch. After I hit the hazard switch several times it stops.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how stop this?

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

My 2000 has a problem when it is cold and I use the blinker I get a buzzing sound out of the hazard switch. After I hit the hazard switch several times it stops.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how stop this?

Thanks,
I am pretty sure your car uses a electronic style flasher combo, Flasher controls the turn signals as well as the emergency flasher. I have replaced them in other GM products, but not a corvette. I would bet that is your problem. PS electrical items will often act up when cold.:beer

Looks like your probably right. I was looking at it today and it looks like a real nightmare to change. Any suggestions on shortcuts.

Looks like your probably right. I was looking at it today and it looks like a real nightmare to change. Any suggestions on shortcuts.

You could try cleaning the switch with silicone spray and compressed air while cycling the switch fast. This can sometimes clean it enough to work for a while. The shop manual shows removing the dash pad to replace the switch, but you can do it by removing the radio and heater control and forcing the old switch out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom