Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blinker Problem

Gorgon

Corvette
None
Driving home in the 99 today the right blinker start flashing real fast when selected. The left blinker flashes at the normal rate but the right blinker flashes at a faster rate. The assumption was that a bulb was out and when I got home sure enough the front bulb was out. I had a second bulb and changed it out but it still flashes at the fast rate and doesn't come on at all. The bulb will illuminate when the parking lights are on but not when the turn signal is engaged.

My assumption is that possibly a relay is at fault but I haven't had ruled out the bulb socket. I originally pulled a wrong part number bulb out of it that was the wrong wattage and much of the socket is burned but it doesn't look like it was to the point that it wouldn't work. Suggestions?

Leon

Today the problem seems to have corrected itself. If it surfaces again I will try to see what affect the hazards has on it.

Thanks.

The hazard lights can cause more problems than just with the signal lights. For me they knocked out my brake lights after using the hazards one day. The fix was to recycle the hazard lights (although it took me a while to stumble onto that). After talking to a few people, hazard light initiated problems seem to have happened to a number of people.

im currently having the same problem with my 99. The turn signal is blinking rapidly. I thought it was the bulb, maybe not. I'll try messing with the hazard switch as well. Let me know what you did to correct the fast blinker. Thanks, HeavySevy

So far I haven't done anything as the problem has corrected itself. It has done it one other time on the way home from work but quit before I pulled into the driveway. No idea at the moment.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom