Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blinker

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
Side Marker Lamp

I have a 94 coupe, and I noticed when I flip on my blinker on the passenger side the side marker lamp doesn't come on I (the white one) I assume the bulb is burnt out, the amber side and front blink, but I think the white marker lamp is history, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me by telling me which lamp to buy and how the heck to install it???
thanks
:v

Re: Side Marker Lamp

caddy said:
I have a 94 coupe, and I noticed when I flip on my blinker on the passenger side the side marker lamp doesn't come on I (the white one) I assume the bulb is burnt out, the amber side and front blink, but I think the white marker lamp is history, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me by telling me which lamp to buy and how the heck to install it???
thanks
:v

I don't have a white marker on the front so....

If you are talking about the white marker on the rear, go out to the car, put it in reverse and see if it lights up. It is a reverse light to help cars recognize you are backing out of parking spots etc. (since the other reverse lights are hidden in the lisence plate detent)

If you weren't talking about the rear white, ignore this post :D

I don't know about the '94, but on my '87 it's a piece o' cake; just open the hood and reach down to unscrew the bulb holder from the light assembly. Both bulbs (one for the turn signal, another for the side marker light) are accessible from under the hood. You may have to contort your arm if the bulb is on the bottom of the assembly, I can't remember the direction in which they pointed.

Ken,
Thanks I figured it out, it was a piece of cake to find and replace, there is only one problem now, I replaced the bulb but it still doesn't work............any suggestions?

Probably just a loose connection somewhere. As my original trainer at the refinery was fond of saying: "Step back, scratch your head, scratch your ass and you'll figure it out." :L

_ken :w

If the bulb is the flat bayonet type, remove it and flip it over and try again. If that does not do it then remove bulb and look inside connector for corrosion. Most chain parts stores carry new connectors, just clip one colored lead at a time and splice new one in....let me know if this works else I can figure something else out....

Thanks, I'll give a try and let you know............
:m

ground tab on light sockets

hi guys i know this is a old post but wanted to share , in the sockets the ground tab can be bent out and not touch the bulb shaft make sure to bend it in so it touches or it will have no ground or a bad ground, just wanted to help others from what i have found on mine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom